Navy FAP for FM and/or OB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Family Med or Ob-gyn are specialties the Navy is currently recruiting for FAP?

Members don't see this ad.

FM yes, OB not to my knowledge.

Question; On the Navy website it states that an intern in a civilian training program can apply for active duty. So let's say I match FM and get selected for AD Navy, is it then possible to apply to a Navy PG2 spot in another specialty (OB) in the next match? Or will I need to spend a year or more as a GMO before becoming eligible to apply Navy GME?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Question; On the Navy website it states that an intern in a civilian training program can apply for active duty. So let's say I match FM and get selected for AD Navy, is it then possible to apply to a Navy PG2 spot in another specialty (OB) in the next match? Or will I need to spend a year or more as a GMO before becoming eligible to apply Navy GME?

Thanks

Yes, you can apply to another residency, but you might have to repeat parts of your internship as a resitern.

For FAP, does age matter in selection. On the Navy website it lists up to age 64. If an applicant (me) is 45+ and looking for a FM FAP do I have a shot at getting it (having passed MEPS and have age waiver)?

For FAP, does age matter in selection. On the Navy website it lists up to age 64. If an applicant (me) is 45+ and looking for a FM FAP do I have a shot at getting it (having passed MEPS and have age waiver)?

Unlikely. Top age is really 42. You would need a waiver and I don't see it happening at this moment in time.