Navy HPSP, accreditation, Midwestern Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nat426

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw out there that MWU in Glendale just had it's last site visit for accreditation this week, exceeded all standards, and was recommended for full accreditation. That means that when the commission meets next August MWU will be fully accredited and will not be excluded from the Navy's new policy. If that helps anyone out who was considering MWU and Navy HPSP you may be able to still work it out. Since there are a bunch of us already doing HPSP with the Navy here, I don't get their reasoning, but that's another topic. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Just thought I'd throw out there that MWU in Glendale just had it's last site visit for accreditation this week, exceeded all standards, and was recommended for full accreditation. That means that when the commission meets next August MWU will be fully accredited and will not be excluded from the Navy's new policy. If that helps anyone out who was considering MWU and Navy HPSP you may be able to still work it out. Since there are a bunch of us already doing HPSP with the Navy here, I don't get their reasoning, but that's another topic. Good luck!

Heard the same (the visit of 24th-26th). Just got a forward of the e-mail from President Goeppinger.

However I was originally told they'd have the full accreditation by June, so this bothers me quite a bit. I'm hoping that August isn't too late, or that we get an exception on this in light of the recent visit's results. My recruiter having also received the e-mail regarding the visit (from the President), replied with this:

Thanks for the update and will surely forward this info to our regional command. In light of this issue, I spoke to our dental corps program manager and she is asking at least an interim letter or email from the accrediting body to accompany your school letter
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that good news comes back for all of those still waiting to be sworn in.

Edit: All of this makes me want to start a petition letter to the accrediting body to speed things up for us. ;)

Our dean just sent out an email today about it, there has to be some document they can give you to send in. You could call and talk to the deans office about it and see what they can do. I'll put out the feelers and see if I can get any info.