Navy HPSP App Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LO281OK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to apply for Navy HPSP for the 06-07 school year? I have prior service as an officer (so I wouldn't have to get commissioned) and we are interested in this option.

Do I just contact an everyday recruiter or is there a special set of recruiters that deal with the prof. school scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

LO281OK said:
Is it too late to apply for Navy HPSP for the 06-07 school year? I have prior service as an officer (so I wouldn't have to get commissioned) and we are interested in this option.

Do I just contact an everyday recruiter or is there a special set of recruiters that deal with the prof. school scholarships?

I don't know about the lateness, but given that the Navy is below 50% awarding HPSPs they'll probably bend over backwards to handle your app.

At this late stage don't contact the local recruiter. Contact CAPT Steve Frost, chief of the reserve medical corps at BUMED. He will immediately refer you to the appropriate office at NMETC, which is housed at NNMC Bethesda.

He's [email protected]

If still on active duty you'll have to resign your line commission, and be re-commissioned as MC. Prior Navy service will help expedite things, since you're not a completely-unknown entity to Millington.

Is there anything derogatory in any FITREPS? They'll be reviewed.

Nothing bad. I was actually NPQ'd from flight only for an abnormal ekg (that was cleared at NAMI, but later became an issue with the glut of pilots they had sitting around training sites). I had a 98 academic average and 64NSS halfway through primary. Thanks for the contact! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
LO281OK said:

i know my recruiter said they were having their last board meeting at the end of this month...but like he said, they are in severe need for applicants...i think you still have time to apply for the army though

LO281OK said:

Hey. Well i'm in the process of applying for the Navy HPSP and from what I've been told the deadline is May 31st. But like someone said they really want applicates so they will bend over backwards even if you had 30 minutes until the deadline.