Navy Hpsp At School Orders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coureurdubois

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the end of the second year of school I've heard that most students do a "School Orders" Annual Training. Should that be scheduled after the last day of school before taking the boards or can it run concurrent with the last 5 weeks of school? Do I have the option of reporting to either a Reserve Center closest to school or to my home? I understand you only have to report in on the first day and check out on the 45th. How early should I schedule the "School Orders" AT? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

At-school ADT is from August 17-September 30. Somewhat confused over the 'reporting' issue, as none of the admin at my school know how to deal with anything relating to HPSP or the military, and we're a new school without any alumni or many upperclassmen who know what's going on.

For the end of the second year of school I've heard that most students do a "School Orders" Annual Training. Should that be scheduled after the last day of school before taking the boards or can it run concurrent with the last 5 weeks of school? Do I have the option of reporting to either a Reserve Center closest to school or to my home? I understand you only have to report in on the first day and check out on the 45th. How early should I schedule the "School Orders" AT? Thanks!

You can take school orders pretty much anytime during the fiscal year. One thing to plan on is being at school while on them. By the regs, when you are on school orders your duty station is school. You should not be on an away rotation or on vacation. Taking them before or after Spring break makes sense.