Navy - HPSP Class's of 2017 - Assignment Locations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarydds2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For future Credentialers...Just wondering if any CO 2017 HPSP dental students (who are not specializing or doing a PGY) have been assigned or know what's happening next year.

I haven't heard anything, and I just want to make sure I'm not behind...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't yet, and neither has anyone else from my school.

We're in a CR. Funding is set at prior year levels until a budget gets passed. Because of this orders are being written and executed on shorter timeframes than before. I suspect you will hear something this month, though.

Reactions: 1 user
You won't see official orders until 2-3 months before PCSing. However, I'm a bit surprised the detailer hasn't even told you where you're penciled in. My colleagues who are PCSing this summer recently found out where they are tentatively headed. There is a new junior officer detailer and he seems to be taking his time compared to the previous detailer. I knew where I was headed December of my 4th year.

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You won't see official orders until 2-3 months before PCSing. However, I'm a bit surprised the detailer hasn't even told you where you're penciled in. My colleagues who are PCSing this summer recently found out where they are tentatively headed. There is a new junior officer detailer and he seems to be taking his time compared to the previous detailer. I knew where I was headed December of my 4th year.

Big Hoss

I'm not surprised based on the timelines I've been seeing for those on AD across both the enlisted and officer ranks. It only makes sense to wait until they nail down where those in the fleet will move before starting on the graduating students.

Contrast with a few years back when I had PCS orders in hand 10 months out.

Any updates? We last heard that we would know sometime in March about location. Has anyone found out yet?

I'm going to an AEGD, so not who you're looking to hear from, but several of my classmates that are credentialing, have heard April is when they'd get orders.

Did you find out your AEGD site the same time as when you got accepted to the program? (december)

Any updates? We last heard that we would know sometime in March about location. Has anyone found out yet?
We recently got the "Coming on to active duty" email/document . It says that credentialers can expect orders in April...so we'll see, haha

We recently got the "Coming on to active duty" email/document . It says that credentialers can expect orders in April...so we'll see, haha
Do you all not even know where you're "penciled" in? I'm a bit surprised, since I found out where I was likely headed December of my 4th year.

Big Hoss

Do you all not even know where you're "penciled" in? I'm a bit surprised, since I found out where I was likely headed December of my 4th year.

Big Hoss
We have no idea. In February, we submitted our regional preference (SE, NE, SW or Great Lakes), but that's the only contact we've had. And they sent out an email asking us not to bother the Detailer about our locations.

Like has been noted previously, orders are on a much shorter timeframe due to the budget. Until current fleet dentists have their orders you won't get yours. April appears to be the best bet at this point.

Some guy in my school got Parris Island but thats expected I guess. Any more?

I'm going to San Diego. August ODS class.