Navy HPSP Recruiter/Board Date Questions/Validity of statements - Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmxbobby2004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been working on my HPSP application for each branch for a longggg time now. Finally my kit is complete. I spoke with my navy recruiter and he keeps telling me that he doesn't know when the boards meet. I know that the navy and airforce are both competitive to get so I applied to the army branch the other day to maximize my opportunities. However while i meet with the recruiter she started **** talking the navy and air force non-stop. She kept saying how they are in her words "sandbagging me" such that they are not going to give me the scholarship but they just want to drag me along for the time being just incase other people drop. My stats are pretty good (i have a 3.5gpa and a 23AA) so its not like i am noncompetitive for any of these scholarships.
Anyways, the only thing that made me worried was that her superior came in and tried to sell me on the army as well and showed me the dates that their boards meet. He said that it is bullsh*t if the navy recruiter does not know when the boards meet because every recruiter no matter the branch gets an file denoting when the boards meet.

I was wondering if this is true and if my recruiter is actually pulling my leg with my HPSP application.I have told my navy recruiter that the navy is my number one choice and how i really hope to be part of the navy and now i am beginning to question whether that was a bad move.

I greatly appreciate any and all help/advice

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Although it may have been blown out of proportion by the army recruiter, it is likely that the navy recruiter at least had a general idea when the board was meeting next.

On the other hand, keep in mind that things change and maybe the calender for the navy board was being modified and a new meeting date had not been set yet.

The navy recruiter said the boards meet sometime this month but I have been asking him for the past 2 months when the boards meet and he has NEVER given me a straight answer. I saw someone on the "ask a navy dentist" say that he/she just got the scholarship and the recruiter called to congratulate them. Soooo i'm really confused. Did the navy boards meet for this month already or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that packets for march boards are due on the 18MAR and the board meets the 23MAR for three days. Recruiters know these dates because they have to have your paper work submitted by that months board deadline. It maybe that this recruiter has already meet his required applicants, mostly two per station, and is being lazy.

Hello,

I have been working on my HPSP application for each branch for a longggg time now. Finally my kit is complete. I spoke with my navy recruiter and he keeps telling me that he doesn't know when the boards meet. I know that the navy and airforce are both competitive to get so I applied to the army branch the other day to maximize my opportunities. However while i meet with the recruiter she started **** talking the navy and air force non-stop. She kept saying how they are in her words "sandbagging me" such that they are not going to give me the scholarship but they just want to drag me along for the time being just incase other people drop. My stats are pretty good (i have a 3.5gpa and a 23AA) so its not like i am noncompetitive for any of these scholarships.
Anyways, the only thing that made me worried was that her superior came in and tried to sell me on the army as well and showed me the dates that their boards meet. He said that it is bullsh*t if the navy recruiter does not know when the boards meet because every recruiter no matter the branch gets an file denoting when the boards meet.

I was wondering if this is true and if my recruiter is actually pulling my leg with my HPSP application.I have told my navy recruiter that the navy is my number one choice and how i really hope to be part of the navy and now i am beginning to question whether that was a bad move.

I greatly appreciate any and all help/advice

Thank you!!
My understanding of the overall process is that when you apply with one service and go the full distance in the application process, that you can't submit completed packets with the other services unless the initial service releases documents/status (this area is a little fuzzy for me - I'm not sure if only one service can have access to your physical at a time or what).

Thought I had seen mention of that in other posts. Cany anyone clarify? If that is the case you would not be able to be considered for either the Army of Air Force boards until you complete the applying process with the Navy.

My understanding of the overall process is that when you apply with one service and go the full distance in the application process, that you can't submit completed packets with the other services unless the initial service releases documents/status (this area is a little fuzzy for me - I'm not sure if only one service can have access to your physical at a time or what).

Thought I had seen mention of that in other posts. Cany anyone clarify? If that is the case you would not be able to be considered for either the Army of Air Force boards until you complete the applying process with the Navy.

Unless it has changed since 09, you can apply 2+ branches at the same time using the same MEPS result and individual branch applications. Yes you need to provide the second or the third branch to contact the first branch to release your info. With proper explanation, there's nothing to be frowned upon.

Unless it has changed since 09, you can apply 2+ branches at the same time using the same MEPS result and individual branch applications. Yes you need to provide the second or the third branch to contact the first branch to release your info. With proper explanation, there's nothing to be frowned upon.
Thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone know how frequently the boards meet? And when the boards started meeting? My kit is almost completed, and since there is a board this week (Navy) I'm wondering when the next one would be. Thanks!