Navy HPSP scholarship offered to podiatry students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hey all,

I know that the Navy offers the HPSP scholarship to medical and dental students but I was wondering if this was extended to podiatry students as well. Does anyone know? If not are there any other naval scholarships available to podiatry students?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey all,

I know that the Navy offers the HPSP scholarship to medical and dental students but I was wondering if this was extended to podiatry students as well. Does anyone know? If not are there any other naval scholarships available to podiatry students?

thanks

NO.......The HPSP isn't offered to Pod. students...It's only offered to MD/DO/Optometry/psychology/dental/veterinarian---(army only for vets.)..

Google HSCP if you want to go Navy...There are WAY too many factors to consider though, b/c it's not for everyone....

You can also search this, b/c it's been covered MANY times..

I heard that navy has HSCP for pod~~~ e-6 pay and housing allow~~
I might be wrong...

contact recruiter for this info~

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There are relatively few Pods in the Military. Maybe 200-300 at the very most and that includes Air Force, Army, Marines and Navy.

I think the army has the most with around 50.

I heard that navy has HSCP for pod~~~ e-6 pay and housing allow~~
I might be wrong...

contact recruiter for this info~

Yes, you are correct. HSCP numbers are right. The provlem is, it is not for pods. This should change IMO!

Last edited:
I got an email through my school about it. They do offer it and it is Extremely competitive. Well, maybe just regularly competive. But they do offer it, though I don't know if the airforce does

HPSP is indeed now available. This my friends is not a bad option. No med schools loans to deal with. Just 1 yr for 1 yr, wear your uni for a few yrs while you build up your skills, then get out and open or join a good practice. NICE!:)