This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I was professionally recommended for the 4-year Navy HPSP in February. I submitted my AYS within a week of the recommendation and then waited patiently to receive my final select letter. My recruiter contacted me last week and notified me that by the time my entire packet was turned in, all 60 scholarships had already been given out. Now I am on a waitlist for either people to decline the 4-year scholarship or to receive a 3-year scholarship on October, 1, 2017. Has anyone else had this happen to them in the past? Is the October, 1, 2017 commission basically guaranteed or should I start looking into other options? Also, if I commission on October, 1, 2017 will the Navy actually retro pay tuition back to the start of the semester?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We private messaged a bit, and I apologize again for the thought that slipped my mind. For my classmate, he was picked up for that October slot and they retroactively paid his tuition. So now he is essentially on the 4-year and debt free since he used the positive credit to pay the loans he had taken out.

Reactions: 1 user