Navy match date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where is the list?? the list????

Looks like the list is only accessible via a military network (why? don't ask me). The list is being sent around via email through a number of channels. If you know anyone within any residency programs I would email them and I'm sure they could email it to you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this is timed with the match, but does anyone have any word if they followed through and converted another 100 GMO slots?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has this been discussed elsewhere already? Not the verification, but the adding of GMO spots? It's news to me.

It's not adding GMO slots it is converting the "billet" to one of a residency trained physician. They are supposedly doing that at a rate of approximately 100 per year.

Someone else mentioned fewer straight through etc: this is likely due to the low recruiting numbers 4-6 years ago finally coming to fruition. They were expecting a big shortfall of GMO's (especially flight surgeons) and therefore apparently decreased the numbers of those allowed to go straight through. Keeping GME training alive is obviously a high priority, so they still had to keep a certain number and will likely be hurting in GMO land over the next year or so.

If anyone happens to have this elusive list, msg me. I'd like to be able to see who my fellow interns will be. Thanks.

It's not adding GMO slots it is converting the "billet" to one of a residency trained physician. They are supposedly doing that at a rate of approximately 100 per year.

Someone else mentioned fewer straight through etc: this is likely due to the low recruiting numbers 4-6 years ago finally coming to fruition. They were expecting a big shortfall of GMO's (especially flight surgeons) and therefore apparently decreased the numbers of those allowed to go straight through. Keeping GME training alive is obviously a high priority, so they still had to keep a certain number and will likely be hurting in GMO land over the next year or so.

Thanks for the reply. Not to hi-jack the thread, but...

So will the billets filled only by FM/IM docs? Or anybody?

Anyone have any stats from the GME2+ board? E.g., how many/percentage of interns taken straight through, number of applicant for each specialty vs. number selected, etc. Any info would be much appreciated!

Anyone have any stats from the GME2+ board? E.g., how many/percentage of interns taken straight through, number of applicant for each specialty vs. number selected, etc. Any info would be much appreciated!

That info comes out a bit later in some almost "wow, I just happened upon it" way. I was able to find last years info on the NPC website under the medical corps detailer tab and under the title 'GMO Brief'. They had broken out how many applications per specialty, how many of those were interns. How many selected, how many of those were interns. And also had a few pre-selects.

Keep an eye out on the NPC website and also if any of the detailers are coming your way in the next few weeks they will probably have that detail.

Just seeing the list doesn't get you all that info. What specialty are you interested in?