Navy ODS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garyplayer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does reporting for Navy ODS work? If the start date is on a Sunday, is it possible to fly into PVD that morning or do most people arrive the day/night before? I am a few weeks away from receiving the paperwork for this summer but was curious as to how it works.

Members don't see this ad.

How does reporting for Navy ODS work? If the start date is on a Sunday, is it possible to fly into PVD that morning or do most people arrive the day/night before? I am a few weeks away from receiving the paperwork for this summer but was curious as to how it works.

Fly into PVD on Sunday. Real work doesn't start until Monday.

I will be doing my first military clerkship at the beginning of my 4th year at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego (NMCSD) and I have not had ODS training yet. Where can I find information that will help me get through this rotation without too much embarrassment? Any help would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be doing my first military clerkship at the beginning of my 4th year at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego (NMCSD) and I have not had ODS training yet. Where can I find information that will help me get through this rotation without too much embarrassment? Any help would be much appreciated.

You will need a list of uniform items. Dr. Sanchez has a list of the minimum to purchase for a rotation. I recommend two sets of khakis. If there is another Navy student at your school (who has been to ODS), you can ask them for assistance with putting your uniform together. There may be faculty at your school who are former Navy, or there may be a Reserve unit in your area.

A decent uniform will get you by.

I requested to attend ODS in the July/August class about 6-8 months ago. Does anyone know when the orders are typically released? I'm scheduling my 4th year around this, so it would be nice to find out with some time to spare if I didn't get this class so I can make rearrangements.

I requested to attend ODS in the July/August class about 6-8 months ago. Does anyone know when the orders are typically released? I'm scheduling my 4th year around this, so it would be nice to find out with some time to spare if I didn't get this class so I can make rearrangements.

Contact travel at OH and they should be able to tell you if orders will be cut.

I requested the same class in January and heard back within the week that I was in. I would call or contact them again.

I requested the same class in January and heard back within the week that I was in. I would call or contact them again.
Thanks for the advice - I went ahead and contacted them a few days ago and I'm in too.