Navy Ois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MoosePilot, first, you missed the point of what was written. Maybe you need to go back and reread it.

Futhermore, I don't even know, if you and your pal are even pilots yourselves. The point is you "guys" got bothered over assumtions you made about an unrelated question about OIS.So so back and rerad the thread and let emotions cool down.

Members don't see this ad.

F/A-18 said:
MoosePilot, first, you missed the point of what was written. Maybe you need to go back and reread it.

Futhermore, I don't even know, if you and your pal are even pilots yourselves. The point is you "guys" got bothered over assumtions you made about an unrelated question about OIS.So so back and rerad the thread and let emotions cool down.

My emotions aren't particularly hot. You'll know if they get there :laugh:

It doesn't matter if you know I'm a pilot, I know I'm a pilot. More importantly, finance knows I'm a pilot. Unfortunately, personnel knows I'm a pilot, too, and that's making getting released to apply to USUHS a little interesting.

To summarize what I've heard from you, you asked some questions about Navy OIS. Then when your questions cast doubts on your flying status, you pointed out that it's just a message board and claiming to be a pilot here doesn't really represent a claim so much as an interest or attachment to flying. Is that a good enough summary?

It's not a federal crime to claim to be a pilot because you think it's cool. It's just dishonest. Drop the claims and represent yourself how you truly are. Whatever you're actually doing with your life is fine, you don't need to make things up to be cool.

You got me curious. I found some stuff that seemed interesting. You seem to be a DO student going from MS1 to MS2 at AZCOM. You claim to have been a medic. You also quite clearly state you're a F/A-18 pilot. I hate to call you out like this, but you got me curious. Now I've got to ask what your background really is :)

Here's a post from 9/4/02:

F/A-18 said:
doctoramc

Smart, Smarter I think you missed the point entirely. As a guy in one of the most "traditionally macho" fields,I've had to work with women pilots. I learned to grow and find out about my own insecurities. And it's definately not about being threatened by smarter or whatever. It's your own dammed envy and not wanting to SHARE THE GLORY with someone else. This same argument was used against the blacks during World War 2, we didn't want to share the glory with them either. Well pal, it's a big stage, there is room for everyone.You gotta learn to share the glory. I don't like people smarter than I am, men, women, blacks, elderly's or kids, just cause I want to be the best of the best. But if someone else gets the spotlight then they beat me and I will share the glory.

From 9/3/02:

F/A-18 said:
Dr Mom,

It's true we are finding out about monster's inseurities, but he doesn't need to generalize about all men feeling threatened by smart and aggressive women. That gives men a bad rap.
And studies have shown that many men and women who have difficulites with others who are smart or "agressive" do have issues with envy and/or insecurities.
Being a pilot, I'm tired of the quibling about men and women. I realize how much we need to work together. More concentration on how we're more alike than how we are differnt would go much futher in understanding each other. This is dirrected to monster not the OP.

From 9/2/02:

F/A-18 said:
I have news for you pal, as an F/A -18 pilot, I can tell you men like smart aggressive women. You need to judge people by their merits. Maybe you're just afraid of smart agressive people in general. By the way men who are afraid of smart agressive women have been shown to have psychological problems big time.

Members don't see this ad :)
F/A-18 said:
Globus P, you've got your six in a real burn over this! My point is your making alot of assumtions over something that is just a forum. Yes, maybe I passed through VT-2 and VFA-106, and "watched Paddles wave me down" while doing my FCLP's. And maybe I'm "just a Microsoft F/A-18 pilot." Maybe I'm not even a guy. Maybe my bio means my life's work is chassing after cute male Hornet pilots hoping to catch one! Maybe I'm a guy, who has a thing for cute female Hornet pilots and I'm spending my life hoping to snag one! Or maybe my bio means that my life may circle around my parents who were aviators and I want to become a flight surgeon and fly Hornets! My point is don't let yourself get so hot and bothered about what you assume a bio means, as you can see it can have many meanings. So GlobusP, check your DDI's more closely before you start firing AIM-120's and attacking others!

Did you not make it as an F/A-18 driver? Or you wanted to be a hornet driver and got some other ride?

Interesting, a real pilot would reply "Yes, I am a Hornet pilot with squadron VFA-(fill in the blank), onboard USS FILL-IN-THE-BLANK, with AirWing X, etc...." Not the defensive, drivvle with inappropriately used references to aviation that you have used.

And if you have been through Pensacola yourself, again, as I stated before, you wouldn't have these questions. Another chink in your armor.

Moosepilot, well said. I don't know who we are dealing with here, but he's definitely not a military pilot, maybe a Cessna-152 pilot at best. Not even the dorkiest Hornet pilot I've ever met would talk or make aviation references like "F/A-18" does.

F/A-18, if you are a MS2 at AZCOM, how come I don't know you? My name is Todd and if you were in my class (I'm an MS2 at AZCOM), I'm sure you'd know who I am. Plus I'm the president of the Military Club at the school. So, if you are indeed at our school and have questions about Navy OIS, assuming you're on the HPSP, find me when class start. I'd be glad to answer all your questions. Yet I have a funny feeling you're not a student at AZCOM either.

Until then, I don't believe a word you write and you have been exposed. Not much more needs to be said. Your replies have erased any doubt anyone may have had.

Moosepilot, good work. As you said, nothing ticks off aviators like a wannabe. On another note, our Prowlers at Red Flag earned the respect of the F-16 drivers, recipients of our jamming. Yet, I'm glad you guys are on our side, you do awe inspiring work. Thanks for all you did! :)

Globus P said:
Moosepilot, good work. As you said, nothing ticks off aviators like a wannabe. On another now, our Prowlers at Red Flag earned the respect of the F-16 drivers, recipients of our jamming. Yet, I'm glad you guys are on our side, you do awe inspiring work. Thanks for all you did! :)

Have you flown with any of the AF Prowler guys?

I'm in C-17s at McChord. Good assignment and good times, it's a heck of a plane for a heavy.

Did you separate and then go to school? I'm trying to stay active duty and go to USUHS, but personnel isn't helping a whole lot.

During initial Prowler training in Whidbey Island, I trained with some AF guys, but I was assigned to a squadron in Japan, so no AF O's in our squadron. The 4 USN-AF Prowler squadrons were stationed in Whidbey Island, VAQ-128, -133, -134, and -142. They only had 2-3 AF officers per squadron, so it wasn't a huge footprint (the AF guys I knew were prior RC-135, F-15E and a B-1 pilot). Those squadrons were assigned to cover the AF mission as needed, ie. those squadrons rotated through PSAB to support AF aircraft for SOUTHERN WATCH and in Incirlik to cover AF flying NORTHERN WATCH.

The C-17 must have been enjoyable. My only interactive with C-17 crews was at Red Flag, hearing get "shot down" by the Red Flag Hinds with IR shots as they tried their quick insertion missions.

Yes, I separated under the pretenses of getting the HPSP scholarship, discharged 2 weeks before starting school. It was called a "contingent resignation", I'm sure you're becoming well versed. If personnel keeps on dragging this out, maybe USUHS will give you a 1-year deferment considering operational necessity. Good luck.

Globus P said:
Yes, I separated under the pretenses of getting the HPSP scholarship, discharged 2 weeks before starting school. It was called a "contingent resignation", I'm sure you're becoming well versed. If personnel keeps on dragging this out, maybe USUHS will give you a 1-year deferment considering operational necessity. Good luck.

Thanks. If they jerk me around for the next two years (worst case, I'm still hoping they'll approve me to apply this year) then I think I might see how flexible they are with a resignation. If they let me choose my date of resignation, I could choose it so I don't have any real break in service. If I don't get in, I could see if they were willing to cancel my resignation and keep me on in my current specialty. It all depends on what they do with me for the next year or two.

F/A-18 said:
Globus P, you've got your six in a real burn over this! My point is your making alot of assumtions over something that is just a forum. Yes, maybe I passed through VT-2 and VFA-106, and "watched Paddles wave me down" while doing my FCLP's. And maybe I'm "just a Microsoft F/A-18 pilot." Maybe I'm not even a guy. Maybe my bio means my life's work is chassing after cute male Hornet pilots hoping to catch one! Maybe I'm a guy, who has a thing for cute female Hornet pilots and I'm spending my life hoping to snag one! Or maybe my bio means that my life may circle around my parents who were aviators and I want to become a flight surgeon and fly Hornets! My point is don't let yourself get so hot and bothered about what you assume a bio means, as you can see it can have many meanings. So GlobusP, check your DDI's more closely before you start firing AIM-120's and attacking others!

Did you not make it as an F/A-18 driver? Or you wanted to be a hornet driver and got some other ride?

"Watched paddles wave me down." What the fu&k does that mean?

You're a dork.

Globus P, Moosepilot, Spang, I've tried to reason with you using humor but you are clearly out of line.

The point you keep failing to grasp is you make inaccurate assumtions and then act on them. No one appointed you F/A-18 police and this is not a federal or legal forum for you to judge what is "dishonest or honest." Nobody owes you any explanation of anything. It is medical school forurm where others have the right to ask questions with out being disrespected and viciously attacked because you made inaccurate assumtions on your part. I asked a simple question on OIS and from that you assumed all sorts things from that question, "If you were a pilot you would ID your VFA." Well I don't see you IDing your squadron either. Or stated by moosepilot "It doesn't matter if you know I'm a pilot, I know I'm a pilot." Well I can say the same thing. Why should I believe you 're a pilot any more than you believe me. But the point is I'm not drugging things up and attacking you. You need to lighten up and stop taking yourself so serriously. "Pilots are touchy about wannnabes." I don't know about pilots in general being "touchy" but clearly you are.

But I will tell you if you are in the service this is extremly disrespectful behavior toward another officer. And if someone is a civillian that is equally as disrepectful. People can use whatever callsign or bio on this board they want and without "being call out" and attacked. No one owes you any explantion of anything.You were not appointed authority this board. You need to stop making assumtions and then attacking others with those assumtions.

To answerer your other question, no I'm not an AZCOM student, I was accepted there and had my tuition paid, but had to pull out and I attend an eastern school now. But I will tell you-you are an embarassment to your HPSP with your immature and childish behavior. Fortunately, most pilots and service people are not that immature and insecure. I also know AZCOM is a good school, but you're not presenting it in a very favorable light.

This one is for you Spang-you are a true embarrassment-personel on aircraft carriers know who Paddles is- it's the LSO! It is an nick name given- that dates back to before the optical landing system was used where the signal officer waved the pilot in! The Navy still referes to LSO's with the nick name "Paddles." Any driver knows that! Get your facts straight before you attack "dork."

I'm not going to say any more about this except that I want to be left in peace and not harrassed- to ask questions on this board .

Dude, you can't make stuff up and expect everyone to ignore your made up story. Be yourself, there's nothing wrong with being whoever you really are.

As far as whether it's right for an officer to point out a lie, well that's not a discourtesy. The Air Force core values include integrity. My pointing out your lack of integrity doesn't reflect badly on me, just on you.

Man, oh man! I am amazed at your reasoning and thought process.

Spangs comment was spot on. Spang and I have flown on carriers for many years. His point is that Paddles would never "wave you down", indeed he may "wave you off", but not down. He's simply pointing out your misuse of aviation terms.

I won't even engage in a rebuttal about your "officer like qualities" statement. Just as MoosePilot has replied, integrity is a fundamental characteristic in the military. Questioning yours doesn't make me look bad, just you.

If you are indeed in the Navy, our paths will cross. You may know that the Navy is a small world. Reputation is paramount. (BTW, my reputation in not in question, nor is Spang's or Moosepilot's.)

I will leave you alone. Yet know, that from now on, whenever I see "F/A-18" posting in this forum (along with the 4,000 others who have viewed this thread), your credibility = zero.

Over and out, I'm done with you. Nothing disrespectful here.

F/A-18 said:
But I will tell you if you are in the service this is extremly disrespectful behavior toward another officer. And if someone is a civillian that is equally as disrepectful. People can use whatever callsign or bio on this board they want and without "being call out" and attacked. No one owes you any explantion of anything.You were not appointed authority this board. You need to stop making assumtions and then attacking others with those assumtions.

What we don't like is the fact that many of us strived, sacrificed, fought, and some died, for the privilege of serving our country as aviators. Calling out a poser like you is not disrespectful it's called honesty and integrity. And I'm willing to do it here or anywhere else.

I too am done with your *******. Go pretend to be something else, somewhere else. I for one will not respond to another posting of yours, so save your breath for the next time your "driver"-dorkass is calling the ball so "paddles can wave you down" and get "your six in a real burn."

Dork.

I hope there are still people out there who can answer OIS questions...

First, how segregated are people from those in other companies (forgive me if that's the wrong term). A friend and I are going at the same time and if we aren't in the same group, I wonder if we will ever see each other?

Second, are the showers group showers? Probably a dumb question, but I am curious.

Finally, and very embarrassingly, I have a bit of a weight problem and despite my attempts at a healthy diet, running and going to the gym daily, I am having trouble losing the last several pounds. Passing the PRT won't be a problem, but does anyone know how humiliating they make it if you are overweight and have to go on a remedial program? I will probably just starve myself right before going, but if for some reason that doesn't work any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
klh1977 said:

First, how segregated are people from those in other companies (forgive me if that's the wrong term). A friend and I are going at the same time and if we aren't in the same group, I wonder if we will ever see each other?

Second, are the showers group showers? Probably a dumb question, but I am curious.

Finally, and very embarrassingly, I have a bit of a weight problem and despite my attempts at a healthy diet, running and going to the gym daily, I am having trouble losing the last several pounds. Passing the PRT won't be a problem, but does anyone know how humiliating they make it if you are overweight and have to go on a remedial program? I will probably just starve myself right before going, but if for some reason that doesn't work any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

The first week you are pretty segregated. You have 1-2 hours if you are lucky of free time at night. When I say free I mean time that you can use to clean, study . . . After the chiefs leave you can go down the hall and say hello. But, make sure you still do your work. Sunday is pretty free in the morning the first week and you will have time then. As the weeks pass you will have more time to see each other. The showers are separate with curtains. They will weigh you the first day. If you do not make the minimum standard you will be on remidial PT. It is not that bad. Our chief made our whole company do the remedial if we did not have something else that needed to get done. It is not a big deal. But, try to be under the weight standards when they weigh you again in week 4.

klh1977 said:

I owe everyone else on this otherwise-helpful thread an apology for having to call out our poser friend and highjack the thread. Sorry you had to see that.

I went through AOCS in Pcola, Class 06-90, so I can't offer any current advice, but I wish you good luck at OIS.

Very respectfully,
Spang

I'm considering the Army and Navy. I've got some OIS q's too! First, do you get any free time at the end of the day to see the sites or are you straped to the base? I would like to see Rhoad Island while I'm there. Second q any free time on the weekends? Also, I just wondered, I don't mean to be rude but those 3 posters before seem like real jerks, do you run into alot of those types ?Calling people *******...jeeze. One more question, do you get to pick your duty station once you graduate?

Spang said:
I owe everyone else on this otherwise-helpful thread an apology for having to call out our poser friend and highjack the thread. Sorry you had to see that.

I went through AOCS in Pcola, Class 06-90, so I can't offer any current advice, but I wish you good luck at OIS.

Very respectfully,
Spang

_Please_ don't apologize. My father used to fly A-7s off the Constellation during Vietnam and seeing the upsurge of imposter naval aviators in the post-Top Gun years used to irritate the heck out of him when he was alive. Pretended it didn't, but it did.

Yourself, MoosePilot and Globus P did a service. You've got to earn your bragging rights.

coffeehead said:
I'm considering the Army and Navy. I just wondered, I don't mean to be rude but those 3 posters before seem like real jerks, do you run into alot of those types ?Calling people *******...jeeze.

Dude/Dudette, if you consider outing a poser and calling that poser a *******
to be out of line or being a jerk, you've got a lot to learn about the military. The world is full of jackasses who claim they are "ex-SEALs/sf/rangers/pj's/force recon/fighter pilots". They take credit for doing things in reality they have only read about in books or saw on TV. The only thing worse is an officer claiming to be some kind of hero, that total lack of integrity and insecurity with one's real place in life is disgraceful. Those who have earned the right to be called fighter jock, or SEAL or whatever, have spent years training their a$$s off and seeing buddies die. When some wanna be bada$$ comes on and starts claiming to be one of these people, their lack of integrity is bound to ruffle a few feathers, and rightly so. So who's the jerk? The person with no integrity who tries to reap the benefits of being something they aren't. Or the person who has the duty to raise the BS flag when they see someone claiming to be something they aren't? That duty comes from the code of integrity that we in the military strive to live by: " I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do". If you are unable to understand or accept this basic tenant then you would be well served to consider another line of employment.

tman said:
Dude/Dudette, if you consider outing a poser and calling that poser a *******
to be out of line or being a jerk, you've got a lot to learn about the military. The world is full of jackasses who claim they are "ex-SEALs/sf/rangers/pj's/force recon/fighter pilots". They take credit for doing things in reality they have only read about in books or saw on TV. The only thing worse is an officer claiming to be some kind of hero, that total lack of integrity and insecurity with one's real place in life is disgraceful. Those who have earned the right to be called fighter jock, or SEAL or whatever, have spent years training their a$$s off and seeing buddies die. When some wanna be bada$$ comes on and starts claiming to be one of these people, their lack of integrity is bound to ruffle a few feathers, and rightly so. So who's the jerk? The person with no integrity who tries to reap the benefits of being something they aren't. Or the person who has the duty to raise the BS flag when they see someone claiming to be something they aren't? That duty comes from the code of integrity that we in the military strive to live by: " I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do". If you are unable to understand or accept this basic tenant then you would be well served to consider another line of employment.

Thank you "tman" and "mikematto", you both hit it right on the head. I've had several buddies die during my aviation days and I put in much blood, sweat, and tears along the way the earn the right to wear my "wings of gold." Thank you for understanding our "ruffled feather" responses to the poser.

just to let you guys know, compared to the everyone forum you make my job a breeze. only here would people apologize for calling people out on something as (in my opinion) sad as claiming to be a (pilot, ranger, SF, SEAL, insert whatever elite military group here) when they're not. hopefully Hornet learned something, but nevertheless you all handled yourselves very well.

-- your friendly neighborhood moderator caveman

Oh! Are you really a caveman or are you just posing as one? Or is that just your mentality that your refering to?

coffeehead said:
I'm considering the Army and Navy. I've got some OIS q's too! First, do you get any free time at the end of the day to see the sites or are you straped to the base? I would like to see Rhoad Island while I'm there. Second q any free time on the weekends? Also, I just wondered, I don't mean to be rude but those 3 posters before seem like real jerks, do you run into alot of those types ?Calling people *******...jeeze. One more question, do you get to pick your duty station once you graduate?

You need to stay within Training Country during the first 3 weeks of your time there. So, the only thing you will see is the exchange and comissary. The third weekend you may get ilberty to go to the O-club and be able to go anywhere you want on base. The fourth weekend you may go off base and see the sites. We had a company trip to Boston. The fifth week you may eat lunch off base and some dinners. The Thursday before graduation is the only day you are allowed to spend the night off base. With the exception of the Thursday before graduation all of this liberty can be taken away from you at any time. Most people either knew their duty station before they got to OIS or were returning to school. You will get a dream sheet of places you want to go. You will most likely get one of them but it is not for sure. You are going to hear "neads of the Navy" a lot. Hopefully you will be able to minimize the screw as much as possible.

Thank you, this is the first sane response that has been on this board in awhile.

Right on Coffeehead, posing as a caveman, that is soo sad, why that could disgrace the hard evolutionary work of the caveman, like Fred Flintstone, and that would really piss Wilma off!

People are getting impatient and feel your response is unwarranted because of your rush to judgment.
Someone wrote: ?The world is full of jackasses who claim they are "ex-SEALs/sf/rangers/pj's/force recon/fighter pilots". The person with no integrity who tries to reap the benefits of being something they aren't Those who have earned the right to be called fighter jock, or SEAL or whatever, have spent years training their a$$s off and seeing buddies die. When some wanna be bada$$ comes on and starts claiming to be one of these people, their lack of integrity is bound to ruffle a few feathers, and rightly so. So who's the jerk? The person with no integrity who tries to reap the benefits of being something they aren't.

Your case sounds weak because:

You concluded this person isn?t the real thing because
1 You didn?t like their wording,? wave down vs wave off, a burning six, etc.? This is very ambiguous and not enough info to draw a strong conclusion (It?s like you say tomayto I say tamotto!)
2 They didn?t directly answer your question as to whether they were or weren?t a fighter pilot. Hey dudes many times people ask me what I study in school. Tons of times I have said ?general ed, some biology class. I don?t answer that I?m a medical student because1) they tell me every ache and pain they?ve got 2)They blame me b/c doctors charge to much 3) They tell me how doctors are sooo arrogant. I don?t want to hear all that crap so I don?t answer their question honestly. That doesn?t mean I?m not the real thing.

You claim that ?The person with no integrity who tries to reap the benefits of being something they aren?t?

Your case would be stronger if you showed:
Where?s the guy benifiting? You haven?t shown any direct evidence of the person benefiting, such as monetary or financial gain, or gain of prestige. The only claim you mention is that they said something to the effect of ?as a fighter pilot men and women should be treated equally.? Where is he benefiting by this statement saying men and women should be treated equally? It?s not a very strong point. It doesn?t show that you are being impuned, or hurt by saying men and women should be treated equally.(Dudes, you really will be hurting when the ladies hear you say men and women shouldn?t be treated equal, and rightfully so.)

You said that ?They take credit for doing things in reality they have only read about in books or saw on TV. The only thing worse is an officer claiming to be some kind of hero, that total lack of integrity and insecurity with one's real place in life is disgraceful. Those who have earned the right to be called fighter jock, or SEAL or whatever, have spent years training their a$$s off and seeing buddies die.

Your case would be more believable if you could show the guy has:
1) Been seen wearing a Navy or Marine Corp uniform, sporting wings of gold, or flashing a military ID card.
2) Some where on these threads talking about the numerous battles he fought.
3) Statements where he claims to be a hero.
4 ) Getting up in your face about how his experience is so much more than yours.

But there has been no evidence to support these claims. None of the statements you dug up support that. In fact, I believe the original problem was you didn?t like the question this guy asked about OIS ( he may have attended flight school back in the 90?s and wanted to know how things changed) and YOU dug up his bio concluding he was not the real thing. But it doesn?t look like this guy ever got up in your face personally and claimed anything about being a hero or whatever. It appears all he did was not directly answer your questions which is not strong evidence to conclude anything. I mean you would have to question allot of the info on these threads because much of it is ambiguous.

So basically you concluded because of his wording and that he didn?t directly answer your question that he wasn?t the real thing. And you haven?t shown any strong evidence of benefit on his part. So this is very weak argument to claim he is a poser. Your drawing conclusions based more on emotion,? Our feathers are ruffled.?

So is this guy a fighter pilot or is it a user name on this thread (Like Caveman)? I don?t know and I don?t care; the information is just too weak to conclude anything. So it is best to stop rushing to judgment and labeling people with info that is weak and ambiguous at best. I mean are you going to accuse department stores like (Robinson?s May) that selling fight jackets with battle patches is propagating posers? Of course not. Save your vinegar for someone who is a real poser and there is strong evidence to prove it, otherwise we will have start to look at caveman as a poser!

And this is another one of those folks you've been talking to, me.

Attachments

• GlobusP 2000 on CV-63.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 150
Just a little bragging, Globus P?

That's a great pic! I only wish that I could do what you guys do...

And I do appreciate your integrity. I think that tman quoted our code (I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor will I tolerate among us those who do). Being forthright is an officer's duty, and I applaud you on your efforts.

Rock-it said:
WONKWAWONKWAWONKWONKWONK [Unquote]

I wonder who this masked Rocket Man could be??? :eek:
Have we now made the natural progression from JP5 to Liquid Hydrogen? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rock-it here. Nice Picture GlobusP, Moosepilot's pic won't open.
What about you cdreed? what's your story? No pic for tman?

I was thinking the same thing, check out the "join" date.

Looks like he traded his "F/A18" for a "Rock-it."

He kills me. :laugh:

Wouldn't you trade an F-18 for a Rock-it, that's a no brainer.

Rock-it said:
Rock-it here. Nice Picture GlobusP, Moosepilot's pic won't open.
What about you cdreed? what's your story? No pic for tman?

Thanks Rock-it. It was taken while on the KITTY HAWK, we had just returned from a flight dog-fighting with our fellow Hornets onboard....we spanked them with our jamming, but they always got us with their guns.

Why med school?

Rock-it said:
Why med school?

Wanted to be a doc out of college but had a contract to do otherwise. So I fulfilled my commitment, gave it a good hard look, yet had to follow my true desires. I really enjoyed aviation and kinda left dragging my feet, I liked it immensely, but didn't love it. I can see myself being a doc 30 years down the road, I couldn't say the same for flying....plus in 30 years, humans will simply be manning joysticks in a trailer controlling UAVs. The days of man in the cockpit are number to a certain extend.
Had to go with longevity career, not just the young man's fun career. Us kids have to grow up someday too :)

Thanks for the advice and heads-up, Medico. I can't begin to tell you how helpful this thread has been in easing my mind about OIS (well, that and terrifying me, but I definitely prefer the known to the unknown...).

I did have another question. I was planning on flying to OIS, since there wasn't going to be much liberty time, but now I am wondering if it may be better to have a car there? Any input?

Spang, thanks for the wish of good-luck. I have't minded the "off-topic posts", gave me something to read :)

klh1977 said:
Thanks for the advice and heads-up, Medico. I can't begin to tell you how helpful this thread has been in easing my mind about OIS (well, that and terrifying me, but I definitely prefer the known to the unknown...).

I did have another question. I was planning on flying to OIS, since there wasn't going to be much liberty time, but now I am wondering if it may be better to have a car there? Any input?

Spang, thanks for the wish of good-luck. I have't minded the "off-topic posts", gave me something to read :)

I did not have a car there and I really wish that I had one. You never use it the first three weeks. But, starting that third weekend it is really nice to have a car. The ulternative to that is renting one. There is a car rental place in the gas station next to the Navy Lodge. Four of us went in on it and it was not very much. Remember OIS is a pump not a filter. It really is not that bad.

GlobusP,

I think this stuation needs to be talked about. But you need to know I am not, never have been, and have no desire to be a "poser. " My friends came to my defense just as you called in your buddies. We want to talk to you, but I have ask you to refrain from accussing me on the internet of engaging in "posing." I think Rock-it explained it better, you need to have alot stronger infomation before you make accusations on the internet, because you can hurt people.

We look forward to having a productive and fruitfull talk.

bb622 said:
Hooyah, Mike Company!
You just wish you could be like MIKE!

No, really, I don't. Finish all of those 1000 word essays for Senior Chief yet? :D

F/A-18 said:
GlobusP,

I think this stuation needs to be talked about. But you need to know I am not, never have been, and have no desire to be a "poser. " My friends came to my defense just as you called in your buddies. We want to talk to you, but I have ask you to refrain from accussing me on the internet of engaging in "posing." I think Rock-it explained it better, you need to have alot stronger infomation before you make accusations on the internet, because you can hurt people.

We look forward to having a productive and fruitfull talk.

To "F/A-18, Coffeebean, Rock-it" - the same person with 3 names, or as you call it, your friends.

To be honest with you I have no desire to continue this discussion. Your opportunities to explain have passed and we need to give this thread back to the rest of the forum.

Based on your past replies, I don't think we'll ever see eye-to-eye. My judgement call on this issue still stands, call it a gut feeling, some intuition, and experience. If you want to PM me you can.

Therefore, I consider this public portion of the thread closed.

To all others, sorry for the original topic diversion. Back over to you all. Check out the link for Navy OIS listed in the sticky at the top of the Military Forum page.

GlobusP,

Clearly you are having some personal problems. You and Moosepilot sent this thread I resoponded and agreed to address the misinformation that you have.Why did you send it if you don't intend to talk. You're very confussing.

"Look F/A-18, Coffeehead, Rock-it, if you really want to discuss our difficulties, why not start a new thread so we don't continue clogging this thread?

But if you want to talk, I guess I don't mind letting you know who you're talking to. Check out:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...797#post1661797
07-20-2004 11:33 PM "

Eitherway, I am not a poser and I'm tired of your paranoia and gut feelings- you must refrain from making accusations and publishing them to the internet.

I sent you the invitation to start a new thread if you wanted to continue talking. What part of start a new thread don't you get?

F/A-18 said:
GlobusP,

Clearly you are having some personal problems. You and Moosepilot sent this thread I resoponded and agreed to address the misinformation that you have.Why did you send it if you don't intend to talk. You're very confussing.

"Look F/A-18, Coffeehead, Rock-it, if you really want to discuss our difficulties, why not start a new thread so we don't continue clogging this thread?

But if you want to talk, I guess I don't mind letting you know who you're talking to. Check out:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...797#post1661797
07-20-2004 11:33 PM "

Eitherway, I am not a poser and I'm tired of your paranoia and gut feelings- you must refrain from making accusations and publishing them to the internet.

please check your PM inbox.

thanks.

Trolls are not permitted at SDN. Based on actions in this thread, 3 accounts have been banned for trolling.

What is trolling?

doctor07 said:
What is trolling?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oi=defmore&q=define:troll

One definition from that site:

"An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list or message board to bait people to answer. Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it. Also, the person who posts such messages." from www.walthowe.com/glossary/t.html

Ois...remember You Are An Officer So The Cpo, Etc Can Only Put On A Show And Ocs You Aren't Commissioned Yet So They Have Authority Over Your Career, Etc. Remember You Are Doctors Thus They Need You More Than You Need Them Thus Ois Is All Show Nothing To Fret About.

Does anyone know if JAG lawyers and Navy doctors are in the same company? Or are the different professions put into different companies?

They are in the same company. They mix jag, docs, nurses, pharmacists, optometrists, nuclear instructors, and healthcare administrators all into the group. The med students all come in the summer, the rest of the year appears to be more of the other groups, especially jags in the fall because of the summer bar exams. The battalian of 165, graduates tomorrow and we only had one jag. She had fun with it though.

Are you allowed to wear a watch during OIS?