Navy PCS orders to go to school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunny08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm active duty now, and school starts in August. I am going to ODS before school, and here's the question. No one on my base has any idea if the Navy is going to pay to move me to school. The consensus seems to be that if I get PCS orders they will pay. However, no one has any idea if I am going to be getting orders. Any thoughts? Ideas? Anyone? It'd be great if they did. SC to AZ is a LONG way!

Thanks a lot!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I'm active duty now, and school starts in August. I am going to ODS before school, and here's the question. No one on my base has any idea if the Navy is going to pay to move me to school. The consensus seems to be that if I get PCS orders they will pay. However, no one has any idea if I am going to be getting orders. Any thoughts? Ideas? Anyone? It'd be great if they did. SC to AZ is a LONG way!

Thanks a lot!

:luck:

You will be getting RAD orders. They should move you at least the distance to your home of record or point of entry.