Navy Transition Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcusprince

Rough Rider
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN
I am third year medical student and I am a navy HPSP student and would like to know if I have a four year committmant and did 2 gmo tours back to back would I then have to repeat my internship year for an anethstesia or PMNR residency?

Members don't see this ad.

SDN
I am third year medical student and I am a navy HPSP student and would like to know if I have a four year committmant and did 2 gmo tours back to back would I then have to repeat my internship year for an anethstesia or PMNR residency?

No Thats exactly what I did. You also can apply outside of the match. directly to the programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN

For what it's worth, my medical specialty is "anesthesiology", not anesthesia (sic).

It will be very important for your future interviews to use the correct terminology. I can't imagine any program accepting someone who refers to anesthesiology as "anesthesia", any more than a cardiology program would accept an interviewee who repeatedly said: "I wanna do hearts".

Note that I am only very subtly commenting on your orthography.

--
R

I am urology... I chose the field because I wanted to "do wanks" while still being heterosexual. I also enjoy peckerskinning and vagathons and groinitalia.

:laugh:

thanks, former military... best laugh I've had tonight.

For those of you who applied outside of the match what is the process like? And can you still match within the NRMP. As a student I rank in the middle of my class with 230 board score. I would think that the applying outside of the match would take my scores into account or would everything be based on my GMO/internship experiance.