DrShaks

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
Status
hey everyone,

i'm pretty new to this forum. i'd really appreciate someone's help.. i am finishing up my internship on september 8th, already took nbde 1, taking toefl this month, gpa 3.3.

my nbde 1 score just came in today, and i got 80. i know this is not good enough to get in anywhere, especially as a fresh graduate with no US experience (but i have worked in clinics in my home country while doing internship). so my question is should i retake part 1 or take part 2 and try to get a good score? please reply cuz i really thought i did much better and was planning on applying for 2010.. looks like that is not happening now... :(

rose82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2007
Status
dont get disheartened and repeat Part 1 for a good score.

Jun 22, 2009
Status
hey everyone,

i'm pretty new to this forum. i'd really appreciate someone's help.. i am finishing up my internship on september 8th, already took nbde 1, taking toefl this month, gpa 3.3.

my nbde 1 score just came in today, and i got 80. i know this is not good enough to get in anywhere, especially as a fresh graduate with no US experience (but i have worked in clinics in my home country while doing internship). so my question is should i retake part 1 or take part 2 and try to get a good score? please reply cuz i really thought i did much better and was planning on applying for 2010.. looks like that is not happening now... :(

I agree with above post. You will need to improve the part 1 score but keep in mind that you will not be allowed to give the exam again in 2010 since you have already passed it. So your best shot will be to give exam by December 2010 and hopefully you will be able to get good score.

You can do it.

Kash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
You should try and take the exam again and do your best to score high coz of next year there will not be any reappears if you pass.

dental path

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I received my score today.And my ststs are-NBD-1/2=86/77
Toefl-104,Gpa -2.75
I have practised in India for 5 years and currently working as a Dental Assistant.
I dont kow what to do next?very dejected and tired of studying.
Also if anybody knows which school is worth applying with this score ,Please letme know.
Thanks in advance

dentma

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status
Dentist
Don't know what to do.
My part 1 score : 87
part 2 : 78
work exp in india: 3yrs
No exp in US

should i apply to any schools, if so which school.
I have a 2 yr old , and it's been hard for me to study.
would appreciate the advice.

La fea

10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I received my score today.And my ststs are-NBD-1/2=86/77
Toefl-104,Gpa -2.75
I have practised in India for 5 years and currently working as a Dental Assistant.
I dont kow what to do next?very dejected and tired of studying.
Also if anybody knows which school is worth applying with this score ,Please letme know.
Thanks in advance
apply soon!

Aug 1, 2009
Status
Dental Student
hi even i'm quite new to the forum n i joined it few days back............gpa which is expected nowadays is above 3.6,dont get dishearten prepare for the test again,all the best:thumbup:
u must be an international student.if u know that how can i appear for the nbde test then plz reply me back,thanks
hey everyone,