NBDE 2 Pharmacology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentheartthrob

DreamDMDweaver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm asking on what's the most efficient way on how I can prepare for the pharmacolgy part. Are decks and mosby along with NBDE first aid sufficient enoug?. I've started usng one of the BRS for pharma, and I feel like im just wasting my time on somthings since the text written somtimes seem to be really detailed. Any advice is gretly appreciated. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm asking on what's the most efficient way on how I can prepare for the pharmacolgy part. Are decks and mosby along with NBDE first aid sufficient enoug?. I've started usng one of the BRS for pharma, and I feel like im just wasting my time on somthings since the text written somtimes seem to be really detailed. Any advice is gretly appreciated. Thanks again.

hi
read the prescribed text books either the one u used in ur bachelors level[if u r an ftd] or any book which u r familiar with. i wud really emphasise on books becoz thats wat makes ur concept good. i myself used textbooks from home country n scored 22 out of 30 correct in pharmac.god luck.

hie, for the pharm section, they are looking at you to understand general concepts, bot for u to memorize a whole bunch of grugs, make sure you
know how the different anti - hypertensives work, know how the different classes of anibiotics function - penicillins, clyndamycin, tetracycline etc, know how the angina drugs work, cholinergics and anti- cholinergics, your local anaethetics (esters and amides where they are metabolized) as well as conscious sedation - your benzodiazepines, barbituates (short acting, long acting).
once again just know the general principles, don't make it too complicated for yourself. all the best.

I used the pharm cards. They are very good. But you only need to choose the one that are dental related and study like the pain control meds, barbiturates, antibiotics,etc... Pharm is probably the most time-consuming part in this exam