nbde 84%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mission dds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
has anyone got admission with nbde-1 84%??am confused if i shud retake part1.

Members don't see this ad.

better retake buddy...
and plz post ur invidual scors of all for subjects(correct answers). so that it may help to others who's going to take exam...... when did you take ur exam...... I would realy appreciate your help
hi

Members don't see this ad :)
save yourself a lot of heart ache and retake:luck:

save yourself a lot of heart ache and retake:luck:

why do you say that.. dont dishearten people before they have even tried. 84 is a very decent score in new pattern exam.. lot of applicants this year and next year will have such scores. it depends which university are you going to apply. and universities are going to call such candidates. and its overall application and not just scores which makes you a strong candidate.
so dont say something of which you are not sure..

well said chato... i totally agree with you...... i mean come on man.... if u dont try for it.. ur never gonna get it..... go ahead and apply... and thats very true that its the "whole" application which matters.. not only the part 1 score.....

thanks chato and harry for the inspiration!As u said colleges would see the whole package.Being pregnant at that time... with all pregnancy complications I did my best and will hope for the best...
I am in my home country for a long vacation and i dont remember my exact individual scores .I know that all are between 76-87 and its the new format.hope this helps.

hi everybody!!
i have very serious question regarding part 1.....i gave my part 1 in dec 2007 ,i got 85 %.... can anyone tell me is it a good score ?? DIESTEMA got 320 correct answers and still got 85%.... i am too scared now even thinking of retaking part 1.....ppl plz advice me ...what i am suppose to do....i have also low GPA of 2.60, toefl is 96......too confused about what to do.....it will be very appreciated if someone can help me....also plz join the thread if u got around 84-86......thanks in advance.....:mad:

thanks chato and harry for the inspiration!As u said colleges would see the whole package.Being pregnant at that time... with all pregnancy complications I did my best and will hope for the best...
I am in my home country for a long vacation and i dont remember my exact individual scores .I know that all are between 76-87 and its the new format.hope this helps.

You can always apply with your current score.However retaking would be a better idea.

I got into USC with a score of 85 on part 1 and no part2, almost no experience and an average GPA.....don't give up on the 84 score. A lot of my classmates at USC had a lower part 1 score. Your score is just part of the package... Good luck.

pinkpeanuts...could u please advice, my stats are

nbde- 83
toefl-104
gpa 3.1
i would appreciate a reply. thanks

Hello Pinkpeanuts,
I hear that USC and UCSF require a minimum of 75 on each of the subjects to be considered for admission. Could u please give us a breakdown of ur scores just to confirm that i will be eligible to apply. I have 86 on part 1 but not 75 in each category.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i was hoping u could help me..
i already took nbde once.. 2 weeks of prep and i got 74... my exam is now on sept 4th.. and to be honest.. i didnt really prep too well... can u maybe tell me how to go about studying?
im putting in about 10 hrs right now... but.. anything specific?

Hello Pinkpeanuts,
I hear that USC and UCSF require a minimum of 75 on each of the subjects to be considered for admission. Could u please give us a breakdown of ur scores just to confirm that i will be eligible to apply. I have 86 on part 1 but not 75 in each category.

I have an NBDE score of 84 with less than 75 in two sections. Is the min score of 75 rquirement in USC and UCSF applicable to the new pattern as well?? The reason I ask is because I see a lot of people with a score close to mine and have scores in one or two sections below 75 and would rule out all these people

Individual scores above 75 was a requirement in the old pattern. New pattern u have Qs from all subjects occurring randomly. So the criteria does not apply I think. Correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty sure because some other schools did specify that way. Check pacific Arthur, remember seeing this kind of explanation on their site.

Individual scores above 75 was a requirement in the old pattern. New pattern u have Qs from all subjects occurring randomly. So the criteria does not apply I think. Correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty sure because some other schools did specify that way. Check pacific Arthur, remember seeing this kind of explanation on their site.

thanks 13911 for your response. I totally agree with your statement.

thanks 13911 for your response. I totally agree with your statement.

Good Luck with your applications. I know the pain. Go ahead with your applications and try your luck

I had emailed and asked,UCSF still wants nbde1 above 83 and >75 in each section and USC wants it strictly >75 in each section:(
So no luck....are you guys still planning to apply?

Regarding the score. In the new pattern, there is an overall score and for each section there is a percentile of correct answers. In the old pattern is it the percentile score or standard converted score was given for each section ? 75 in each section means 75% of correct answer?

hello..
i have got a score of 84 on part 1 ...
can u plz tell me if u tried applying or is there any scope

any help would be really appreciated as i am pretty depressed n confused right now?
hi

hello..
i have got a score of 84 on part 1 ...
can u plz tell me if u tried applying or is there any scope

any help would be really appreciated as i am pretty depressed n confused right now?

When in doubt - APPLY!

do u know anyone who has got through with a profile like mine..
as one of my friend said tht its more depressing when u get rejected frm schools n said it was all the more difficult ....

can u tell me if u know anyone who has got through tht will give me some will power to go ahead with it

thanku
When in doubt - APPLY!

do u know anyone who has got through with a profile like mine..
as one of my friend said tht its more depressing when u get rejected frm schools n said it was all the more difficult ....

can u tell me if u know anyone who has got through tht will give me some will power to go ahead with it

thanku

No I dont know anyone like that.
But, I do know that if you dont apply now you'll never know if you could have gotten in or not.
Im a low scorer too. we can always keep no hopes and be surprised if the call comes in.
Do apply. if you get in, treat due!

hey thanks bombaybds for all the boosting up...

i read many schools have a deadline of september ..right..
will my apps reach schools if i start now...

No I dont know anyone like that.
But, I do know that if you dont apply now you'll never know if you could have gotten in or not.
Im a low scorer too. we can always keep no hopes and be surprised if the call comes in.
Do apply. if you get in, treat due!

yes it will, be positive and apply soon all the best

make sure to request the ets and ada first as they might take time to process your request and rest of the process like sending personal statement and other photocopies of required documents is in your hands

hey thanks bombaybds for all the boosting up...

i read many schools have a deadline of september ..right..
will my apps reach schools if i start now...

Yes, u will be fine.
if u r in the US currently you may want to call all the reports to your place and mail them to the universities directly in the application package. makes life easier for all!
Do remember NOT TO Open any report if you are doing it this way.
All the best!

I'm in a similar position.
I scored a suprisingly low score of 83. I wrote the test in July 09
I'm hoping to specialize. Is there any hope???

The new guidelines say you cannot retest is you passed come Jan 2010.
My worry is that I dont have enough time to commit to doing better on this test if I have to re write it before January. Im going into My 3rd year of dental score and dont know if its more important to focus on school then on this test. I wish I could rewrite it next summer but with this new rule I can't!

What should I do??

Has anyone tried having their scores audited??

Im so confused.

better retake buddy...
and plz post ur invidual scors of all for subjects(correct answers). so that it may help to others who's going to take exam...... when did you take ur exam...... I would realy appreciate your help

hi why do you guys keep asking about the correct subject score wt could that help others ???
plz anyone read this answer me

I got an 84 and in one of the topics I got 74.

I was invited to interview at 4 out of the 5 schools I applied.
They don't only look at your scores. Your experience also counts!

Go ahead and apply!

I believe you just gotta be ready to justify the average score during the interview

Ur case is an exception ilovegoldens..it is really tough to get a call with 84..if u have years of experience u might get it..being a recent graduate I only have some months of exp. In research& observation And an 84 in part1 ..I got rejection from 6 schools I applied..

Ur case is an exception ilovegoldens..it is really tough to get a call with 84..if u have years of experience u might get it..being a recent graduate I only have some months of exp. In research& observation And an 84 in part1 ..I got rejection from 6 schools I applied..

I am sorry to hear that sucy and you are totally right.
If you have no experience/research etc to count on ur favor the scores are the first thing they will analyze, I believe. Just to be able to pass the first fase and goto the interview.
Did you tru applying for graduate programs? I have seen people with no experience but very good grades being accepted. and it is aLSO a door to practice in the US. Maybe next time you can apply to both.

Best wishes to ya! And don't let this hurt your confidence.

i have 84 in part 1 and 77 in part 2, got invited to 3 schools , and accpted form the second interview at LLU..

Dear hjam,

Thats inspiring can you tell us what in your opnion did really help you get, things like hand skills,experience,research etc.

hi, everybody,

i got 83% in nbde part 1 and 3.42 GPA. i tried hard and because of my fathers sudden death i couldnt get thru with good score.so,can anyone please guide me thru applying to universities and your guidence will help me a lot now............pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:(

Dear hjam,

Thats inspiring can you tell us what in your opnion did really help you get, things like hand skills,experience,research etc.

well i can tell u if u checked my statues in the statues thread, u will see nothing exceptional.. six months practice in home land and six months assisting in the US.
Apply to as much schools as u can, I applied to like 10 of them. i don't deny that high scores get you interviews, but they don't necessarily get you in. I have seen people this cycle are being interviewed everywhere probably because of their scores, but didn't get any where yet.
Universities look at the whole package of the student, try on improving everything not only the scores.. but please don't think i am discouraging u to retake the test.. It is gonna be great to have a higher score. I even had the idea of having the test again if don't make it.
After all i can say that I got into LLU because i was lucky and confident on the bench test day, which got out the best of my skills.

I want to add that i know like 4 of the accepted in LLU with an 84 score in part 1.

thank you hjam for your encouraging words. they really seemed useful.good luck for your future endeavors.

hi ,
i got 83 in part 1 and planning to take part 2 in dec. i work as volunteer research assistant in on of the uni ,observership and dental assistant experience . should i retake part 1 or i got some chance with my experience.thanks