NBDE-I last Monday. How was it for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rafael Costa Guerra

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time with Biochemistry and General Pathology, but to be honest, Anatomy, Dental Anatomy and Occlusion were very easy.

Good luck everyone,

Rafael C. Guerra

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you, the dental anatomy seems the most simple for me, but then I heard from others that dental anatomy was the most difficult for them ....

there were also repetitive questions that ask the same thing. I think it should never happen, since the second question was wasted. Those who don't know the answer will loose 2 ponts instead of one, unless they guess different answers...

but we are happy it is over

Hiya'll

Generally I believe it wasn't too bad. However, I would agree that the Micro-Path and the Dental Anat-Occlusion sections were a little tricky! Some of those questions definately deserved educated guesses!!! Perhaps the afternoon setting wasn't the best deal for some... (eg. like me!) when the siesta is chasing after you!!

Did everyone managed to finish each section earlier than the given 70 minutes?

8 weeks to mark those exam papers? I thought they could have done it sooner than that! I hope it's all computerized at the ADA Chicago office! I hope no poor soul has to sit down with an answer key and mark each answer sheet manually! By the way, I was browsing throught the ADA website and they had "Technical Report(?)" on the NBDE scores and results. There was a table that showed Parts 1 and 2 results since July 1991. The table showed that in each section the passing raw mark was around 40 to 50 out of 100 questions (which translated into 75). So I guess all you would need is to score is at least 51% to be safely on the passing?

It's encouraging to hear others success stories (and horror stories) regarding their Advanced Standing admission attempts! I myself is also interested in this "1-2 year prison sentence" and it would be great to hear more stories (and advice) from those preparing and those in Advanced Standing.

It snowed heaps in Maryland... hope you are all keeping warm and cosy wherever you are! (I bet Florida and California residents would have no such worries!)

Cheerio

M

Members don't see this ad :)
OH yah...snow, isn't that something that just happens at the ski resorts? we only even had 2 3 times of rain since half a year ago..
sun shine and blue sky everyday...

Gosh isn't the weather boring here in the beatiful Calfornia? I had to dream about raining....;)

take care my friend

the link to the report is

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/techreport.pdf

the pages of interest are from page 83 to 91. One thing I don't understand (maybe I skipped too many paragraphs) is the summation failure % on each subject is LESS than the overall failure rate!!

- tengu

Hi ,

CONGRATULATION !! for taking the NBDE Part I !!!
Could you tell me , please which materials did you use for your studying ?
what do you think about the new edition of Dental Decks which included a new section , Clinical Venegtes , or something like this ?
Is it really necessary to have the latest edition of Dental Decks or an old version is good as well !!!
Thank you so much !!!

Miha. ([email protected]) .