nbde-more ques ..plz explain.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skydentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please can someone explain these -

ques-each of the following is correctly paired with an activated precursor of the polymer EXCEPT one ? which is an exception
1- sucrose -dextran
2-glucose -glycogen
3-sucrose -mutan
4-UDP-glucose glycogen
5-SUcrose -levan.

QUEs -A mouth rinse contains .o5 % Fluoride .which represents concentration expressed as ppm of fluoride ?
1-5
2-50
3-500
4-5000.
i think my ans is 50,000. but its not an option :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Q-3 Which is first group of the following pairs likely to be located on surface of globular protein than 2nd group of pair

1) -CONH2 - COO-
2) CH3 --CH(CH3)2
3) CH2O - NH4+
4) CH3 - CH2OH
5) CH2SH - COO-

ques-each of the following is correctly paired with an activated precursor of the polymer EXCEPT one ? which is an exception
1- sucrose -dextran
2-glucose -glycogen
3-sucrose -mutan
4-UDP-glucose glycogen
5-SUcrose -levan.

QUEs -A mouth rinse contains .o5 % Fluoride .which represents concentration expressed as ppm of fluoride ?
1-5
2-50
3-500
4-5000.
i think da answer is 500 ppm

1- sucrose -dextran
2-glucose -glycogen
3-sucrose -mutan
4-UDP-glucose glycogen
5-SUcrose -levan.

1-5
2-50
3-500
4-5000.

1. 3 (not 100% sure)...sucrose forms dextran by the action of dextran sucrase or leven by levan sucrase...
2. 3...ppm is parts per million(10^6) 0.05% is parts per 100 so multiply .05 by 10000

Members don't see this ad :)
Hydrogens bonded to N, O, and F will be able to hydrogen bond (b/c they are the most electroneg elements)... Maximizing H bonding will be most soluble in blood (water).... so....

both -C=O-NH2 and -C=O-O will be able to H bond so answer is #1.... the 2nd group would be #5 as the S has a high electroneg, and might allow for some weak h bonding of the S-H group (as stated before -C=O-O is very capable of H bonding)

The other questions (addressed in another post):
Fluoride one is 500
Precursor/polymer one im still confused about

Q-3 Which is first group of the following pairs likely to be located on surface of globular protein than 2nd group of pair

1) -CONH2 - COO-
2) CH3 --CH(CH3)2
3) CH2O - NH4+
4) CH3 - CH2OH
5) CH2SH - COO-

1- sucrose -dextran
2-glucose -glycogen
3-sucrose -mutan
4-UDP-glucose glycogen
5-SUcrose -levan.

1-5
2-50
3-500
4-5000.

1) a sucrose; dextran

it has to be glucoae

2) .o5 in 100
so calculate
% in 1000,000
.05 * 10000000/100 = 500

3) A is correct...reason i agree quoted above:oops:

1- sucrose -dextran
2-glucose -glycogen
3-sucrose -mutan
4-UDP-glucose glycogen
5-SUcrose -levan.

-the ans for this is 2.
I am pretty sure that glycogen synthesis needs glycogen presursor for its synthesis.which is UDP glucose not glucose.