NBDE Part 1 in Dec 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentical18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i m also plan to give exam in december or january. Did u started ur prep?
i started with deck. wht r ur startegy?

Iam in the same boat ,aslo in dec.!
Now iam doin physio and still havnt touched dental anatomy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too 1st of December, does anybody get the feeling that he can't remember anything from what he studied or it is just me cause i am still in my first reading and this is my feeling.

Last edited:
Hey Zeiga..
Now i just started with dental anatomy and then ill be gin my first revesion of the whole materials ...
What r u studyin now !
Well yes ,we have the same feelin that we cant remember nothin,,,its natural ,,but once u go again and again its gona stick better...
Revise and revise ! :)

Hey Wdent,
Right now i am reading micro/path for the first time, hope to finish it in the next 3 days, after that i will start revising DA from Decks and first aid then solve the ASDA papers, hope this time i will remember something.:scared:

Hey Wdent,
Right now i am reading micro/path for the first time, hope to finish it in the next 3 days, after that i will start revising DA from Decks and first aid then solve the ASDA papers, hope this time i will remember something.:scared:
hey im new to this post,did you guys do the studying before that you revising now,will you finish in 3 days everythg.where all are you studying from?

Doin Decks,nbde ist aid and supplemented with Kaplan ..
@ziega , now ur revising micro/patho well yes u should finish it in 3-5 days ,,,i havnt revised non yet,,2 days ago just started with dental anatomy !

Doin Decks,nbde ist aid and supplemented with Kaplan ..
@ziega , now ur revising micro/patho well yes u should finish it in 3-5 days ,,,i havnt revised non yet,,2 days ago just started with dental anatomy !
Hey wdent, no no i'm still in my first reading, what i meant i just need 3 days to finish the rest of micro/path, but for revision i guess 5-7 days is enough for each section except for anatomy ( i really hate that part) . good luck for you all

After dental anatomy ill begin with my first readin to the whole lamterial all over again :)
Agree with u anatomy its gona take u a bit longer in revising bec.its vast ,, but the more u revise the better and the next time its gona take less time...cant wait till i begin revisin...
takecare

After dental anatomy ill begin with my first readin to the whole lamterial all over again :)
Agree with u anatomy its gona take u a bit longer in revising bec.its vast ,, but the more u revise the better and the next time its gona take less time...cant wait till i begin revisin...
takecare
HI GUYS

CAN U PLEASE SHARE SOME LIGHT ON WHAT BOOKS ARE U'LL FOLLOWING:

I AM DOIN THE DECKS PARALLELY WITH THE KAPLAN REVIEW BOOK..

AND THEN WHEN I FINSH A FIRST READING I WANNA DO THE ASDA PAPERS...

is it alright....or do i need to start referring some other material also...

thanks in advance...

:confused:

U have the rite material ,,decks+ kaplan+ASDA (NBDE ist aid as a quick revesion ) Are more than enough...

U have the rite material ,,decks+ kaplan+ASDA (NBDE ist aid as a quick revesion ) Are more than enough...

Hi guys I'm also preparing for NBDE in January, I'm using Dental Decks, and release exams. Does anyone recommend Kaplan Lecture notes or Kaplan Q bank? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hi im also goin take exam in dec 1st week.i m goin to finish ma second reading in a week or so.but it was more like knowin things for first time.dont know how everything i studied in first reading just vanishd away.niwaz im just hopeful i retain somthin this time.but i cant figure out how shud i go for 3rd revision?i cant study kaplan's whole review book again in such short time:confused: so is decks and asda papers enough??

Hey R19..lucky U started with ur second readin ...well thats nice ,for me i havnt even started with my first revesion still doin dental anatomy....

Well what u can do is reive ur owen notes that u took from that kaplan book,,+ review NBDE ist aid with decks ,,and ASDA papers and u should be fine...

Come on guys lets motivate each other !!!
What do u guys think of the best time table for study !? have anyone tried doin that ?

Hey guys,

Just started my 1st revision, starting with DA from DD + asda papers, i was expecting it will be an easy and fast job, but it seems it will take much more than i thought, good luck for all of us, keep up the motivation.

Hey R19..lucky U started with ur second readin ...well thats nice ,for me i havnt even started with my first revesion still doin dental anatomy....

Well what u can do is reive ur owen notes that u took from that kaplan book,,+ review NBDE ist aid with decks ,,and ASDA papers and u should be fine...

Come on guys lets motivate each other !!!
What do u guys think of the best time table for study !? have anyone tried doin that ?
thnx for the advice.n yes i tried out a timetable.helpd m to extend study hrs from 7-8 to 11-12.also i refrd to dentessentials with other study material i guess i could use that for revising in d end.

Hey! I've been studying for a couple of months now. I initially went through 2007 Dental Decks, then 2008 First Aid. After doing so, I personally felt like I was mugging up the material. Therefore, I joined Kaplan and began studying out of their 2010 Lecture Notes book while doing Kaplan QBanks. I studied Lecture Notes twice. I did the QBanks twice. Then, I read the 2009-2010 Dental Decks once. Now, I am reading 2008 First Aid once again. After this, I plan on doing Lecture Notes, Dental Decks, and First Aid once more. Then, I plan on doing ASDA papers before giving the NBDE Part 1 exam.
Did anyone follow a similar routine? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank!:)

Hey! I've been studying for a couple of months now. I initially went through 2007 Dental Decks, then 2008 First Aid. After doing so, I personally felt like I was mugging up the material. Therefore, I joined Kaplan and began studying out of their 2010 Lecture Notes book while doing Kaplan QBanks. I studied Lecture Notes twice. I did the QBanks twice. Then, I read the 2009-2010 Dental Decks once. Now, I am reading 2008 First Aid once again. After this, I plan on doing Lecture Notes, Dental Decks, and First Aid once more. Then, I plan on doing ASDA papers before giving the NBDE Part 1 exam.
Did anyone follow a similar routine? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank!:)
hey i read kaplan's review book and dental decks twice and done asda papers once.although i had 2010 decks but the review book/lecture notes were quite old edition.do u have any idea how diff are the new lecture notes from old ones???also i referred to first aid 2007 and dentessentials 2006.

hey i read kaplan's review book and dental decks twice and done asda papers once.although i had 2010 decks but the review book/lecture notes were quite old edition.do u have any idea how diff are the new lecture notes from old ones???also i referred to first aid 2007 and dentessentials 2006.

Hey R19,

I'm really sorry, I've not gone through any other copies of Kaplan Lecture Notes. I used 2006 Kaplan DentEssentials for biochemistry. Also, Netter's Third Edition is a great source for anatomy. It's very useful. I used Fuller for dental anatomy. Okeson is good too, though I've not used it as much. Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it! :)

Hello Everybody,

I am also planning to take in December finished with DA, anatomy still working on physio and biochem....
Need motivation to stay in track for study.,

Hey R19,

I'm really sorry, I've not gone through any other copies of Kaplan Lecture Notes. I used 2006 Kaplan DentEssentials for biochemistry. Also, Netter's Third Edition is a great source for anatomy. It's very useful. I used Fuller for dental anatomy. Okeson is good too, though I've not used it as much. Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it! :)
okeson is good,i read occlusion from dere.n r u talkin bout netter's neuroanat atlas??i just used it as a reference.how are kaplan's qbanks??

okeson is good,i read occlusion from dere.n r u talkin bout netter's neuroanat atlas??i just used it as a reference.how are kaplan's qbanks??

Yea, I'm refering to Netter's Atlas. It is a good reference, but studying the different images and picturizing them really helped me. Kaplan's QBanks were okay. The questions seemed very straight forward. I asked a Kaplan representative if they had updated the questions to reflect this year's exam, and he told me that they had not.

hey m also taking my exam in 2nd week of december..m reading decks n kaplans review 4 d 2nd time..bt i feel there r certain cncpts which r diffrnt in bth d buks,,so m really cnfused,.does nebdy hs n idea regarding which buk of both is most appropriate 4answern in exam,,:confused:n i feel lyk there r few ques in asda test papers which r wrongly answered...is it d same wid u..or its wid me only..n of wat year r d last released papers?

thank you.

hey m also taking my exam in 2nd week of december..m reading decks n kaplans review 4 d 2nd time..bt i feel there r certain cncpts which r diffrnt in bth d buks,,so m really cnfused,.does nebdy hs n idea regarding which buk of both is most appropriate 4answern in exam,,:confused:n i feel lyk there r few ques in asda test papers which r wrongly answered...is it d same wid u..or its wid me only..n of wat year r d last released papers?

thank you.
decks are more accurate than review book.n yes there are mistakes in ans key to asda papers.

hi.. i just graduated from dentistry school in Jordan. now i need to start preparing for the NBDE 1, can anyone please tell me how long does it take to prepare for the exam?? thanks a lot in advance!

cn nebdy tell incisal embrasure is d largest in between max canine and max premolar or its btween max canine and maxillary lateral incisor..according 2 me it shud b 1st one..bt in few asda papers ans 2 ds is 2nd one..

thnx.

second week ...

revising physio and da and giving first time reading to anatomy (ah ! studying anatomy is so tough...dnt feel like doing it..hehe)

yeah , i also get the same feelign everytime > omg ! so much is left to be read..and i dnt even remember anythign from wtevr i hav already read... hehe...sailing the same boat guys !

is there anybody from india goin on visitor visa to give nbde1 in dec??need to discuss few things:confused:

Hey Guys ,,have a quest..
EXam is one month exactly from now ..
Any suggestions how to revise !! kinda confused...what about 3-4 days/ subject..folowed by asda !!
Any ideas !!! how r u guys revisin now !!??
Lookin to hear from u all..
Thanks

Exam after 3 More weeks Countdown begins lhehehe ,,doin quick review for patho..after that 2 days for dental anatomy...
What ru guys doin now !! any plan..in this last days

hi,i am taking my exam in last week of dec.
my study partner just took her exam...i an looking for some one really serious to study with me.plz contact me soon

hey guys;
i need some helo please, Which kaplan book u alke about i have to study?
and where ican find it?
& where i can find the lecture notes?
So if some body can help me?

@seeraj- im also goin for exam in dec end.howz ur prep goin now?
i am done with 2 readings...almost but still not confident...
worst part about retaking the exam is that u are never confident.
i am doing decks these days and revising kaplan.how about u?

i am done with 2 readings...almost but still not confident...
worst part about retaking the exam is that u are never confident.
i am doing decks these days and revising kaplan.how about u?
is it your 2nd attempt?mine is first.im on same level...done 2 readings and now revising from kaplan and decks.but i was not able to study for few dayz now tryin hard to concentrate:scared:in fact freaked out

Have u got ur visa??i have to yet apply for one n im worried since its a holiday season if that would be a prob in giving exam in dec end??

hey , hope u got the visa !!!
sorry for replying late... actually , i already have the visa and hav been here since last few months....

goodluck :)

have just completed first round readings and revisions of three of the subjects and almost half of the decks , yet

(of crs , as ever , except for anatomy , in my case, hehe...)

sometimes it feels i need a big break coz it has been too much of the study.. lolz
and sometimes i just wish i coudl postpone my exam for just 1 month...

how many hours are u guys putting towards prep?

wish u all, a very goodluck :)

Good luck Zeiga on ur exam !

Pls do let us know how it went ,,, still have almost 2 wks for myt big day ! Any sugestions !
Guys pls post ur experience who ever wrote it recently..

i m also planning to take exam in feb/march..i have 1 question...where can i get the released exampapers or asda papers????i saw ebay and amazon.. part1 papers are not there.....and the new ones from ASDA is expensive.....so do u guys have any idea???plzzz help....

can anybody pls tell me howz crack the nbde1 software??my exam is in bout 4 weeks.....should i buy this stuff??

can anybody pls tell me howz crack the nbde1 software??my exam is in bout 4 weeks.....should i buy this stuff??

Hey R19,
I purchased the Crack the NBDE software about a month ago. I thought it was useful to see which subject areas I was still weak in. It doesn't provide any explanations for the questions you miss though. Other than that, I thought it was okay. I've heard that the questions from the actual NBDE are not as hard as Crack the NBDE. Anyways, good luck on your preparations and exam!