NBDE part 1 - in less than 2 weeks - advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolatecaries

Reaction score
I need some advice, please and thank you. I have less than 2 weeks until I take part 1.

I will be doing all of mastery app once eventually.

Anatomy:
I did ONLY head and neck in First Aid so far. I don't know if Its important do do all the other parts of the body???

Microbiology: ONLY did pass the boards videos.....should I do First Aid???

Pathology: First Aid

Biochem: I did first aid + pass the boards videos

Physiology: I did 1/2 first aid + all of decks

dental anatomy: first aid + pass the boards videos

Members don't see this ad.

I need some advice, please and thank you. I have less than 2 weeks until I take part 1.

I will be doing all of mastery app once eventually.

Anatomy:
I did ONLY head and neck in First Aid so far. I don't know if Its important do do all the other parts of the body???

Microbiology: ONLY did pass the boards videos.....should I do First Aid???

Pathology: First Aid

Biochem: I did first aid + pass the boards videos

Physiology: I did 1/2 first aid + all of decks

dental anatomy: first aid + pass the boards videos

It’s hard to say what more you need to do. Have you taken any of the released NBDE tests? I used those as a gauge to see how ready I was. You could also use the mastery app as well (that’s based of the released exams). I would say if you’re scoring above 70% in each section except Dental Anatomy should be around 90% than you’ll be good. Some people have different opinions about what scores you should get but I believe if you’re scoring in that range you’re in a really good place to pass comfortably

I've just been using decks and first aid. Most people said decks are enough so I'm using first aid to fill in holes. Also the 300 facts about dental anatomy videos. I study on and off during research and will be taking it in a few weeks. It's an easy test to pass considering most people at every dental school do fine on it. Will probably take a practice test in a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am scoring around ~70% in physio/biochem. I am around 50% for everything else as of right now with 60 questions each section. So I need to get working hard. 90% on anatomy seems impossible to me same with 70% on micro/pathology. Slightly freaking out right now.

Ok...is the mastery app a good indicator to where u stand??