NBDE Part 1 Questions - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PoojaLV

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have my part 1 exam in a couple of weeks and was hoping someone could assist me with these 2 questions below. I can't seem to find the correct answer for these anywhere. Thanks :)

1. As a carious lesion progresses from a smooth enamel surface to the DEJ, the lesion travels:

a) in random directions through the enamel
b) only through the bottom of pits and fissures in the tooth crown
c) at a right angle to the long axes of the affected enamel rod
d) parallel to the long axes of the enamel rods
e) at a constant rate through the enamel

2) Inorganic crystals in enamel have their axes parallel to the rods in which of the following?
a) centers of the bodies of the rods only
b) periphery of the bodies of the rods only
c) bodies of the rods and deviating increasingly in the tails
d) tails of the rods and deviating increasingly from the cens of the bodies to the periphery
3) tails of the rods and deviating increasingly from the periphery of the bodies to the centers.

Members don't see this ad.

hi pooja,

Are you done with your exams? Hope yoiu did great. IS the NBDE part 1 material still available ?
Im from india and planning to give my boards soon , pls let me know
thanks

Hi everyone,

I have my part 1 exam in a couple of weeks and was hoping someone could assist me with these 2 questions below. I can't seem to find the correct answer for these anywhere. Thanks :)

1. As a carious lesion progresses from a smooth enamel surface to the DEJ, the lesion travels:

2) Inorganic crystals in enamel have their axes parallel to the rods in which of the following?
d) tails of the rods and deviating increasingly from the cens of the bodies to the periphery
3) tails of the rods and deviating increasingly from the periphery of the bodies to the centers.

i think this is the ans.plz post the right answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, i am taking part 1 in feb 2009,mail me at [email protected] we can discuss over phone or mail.i live in ft.lauderdale anybody nearby pl lets get together and discuss anybody from florida pl mail me.

Hi everyone,

2)bodies of the rods and deviating increasingly in the tails

As we know rods have a keyhole pattern and enamel indicating orientations of apatite crystals . these crystals areoriented parallelto long axis of "bodies" of the rods and fan out at an angle of approximately 65 degrees in the "tails". of rods.