NBDE Part 1 where/when to get started

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shoota39

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im sure there are a few threads already posted about this but I just had a few questions. I know everyone has their own method of studying I am going to take the test in mid may. Anyway here goes:

1. Is Kaplan Legit? That is, is the course worth it? or should i just do the Q bank and if so is 1 month enough or do i need 3 months
2. When should i get started
3. I bought the decks,
4. do i need the "first aid" book, is it worth it?
5. how should i get started??? kaplan, first aid, decks, etc??
6. What about BOARD REVIEW books, some of my classmates used them for courses like physio and biochem to get a good base. How are these books, i never used them.
7. how do i get my hands on old exams
8. anything that i havent asked but might be important
9. finally, what/when should my first move be

I know its asking a lot but thanks so much.

PS If im taking the exam in mid may when should I begin preparation? Or rather when did you all begin your prep?

Members don't see this ad.

Im sure there are a few threads already posted about this but I just had a few questions. I know everyone has their own method of studying I am going to take the test in mid may. Anyway here goes:

1. Is Kaplan Legit? That is, is the course worth it? or should i just do the Q bank and if so is 1 month enough or do i need 3 months
2. When should i get started
3. I bought the decks,
4. do i need the "first aid" book, is it worth it?
5. how should i get started??? kaplan, first aid, decks, etc??
6. What about BOARD REVIEW books, some of my classmates used them for courses like physio and biochem to get a good base. How are these books, i never used them.
7. how do i get my hands on old exams
8. anything that i havent asked but might be important
9. finally, what/when should my first move be

I know its asking a lot but thanks so much.

PS If im taking the exam in mid may when should I begin preparation? Or rather when did you all begin your prep?

everyboady seems to be very uncertain about the sources that should be used..there are so many different books on each subject.some textbooks have information that is insufficient..in other books the same topic is described in more details.i have hard time myself putting it all together.kaplan course and flash cards are inot enough to score high...
my score was 84 ,so i need to do something to improve it