NBDE Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cren+ist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When studying for my NBDE part 1, I didn’t see much on using Kaplan and their Q bank. I studied Dental Decks that were given to me by an upperclassman, then went through the Kaplan Q-bank (the school provided Kaplan as part of tuition). I also used the Mastery App that a classmate shared with me for free, and I used the slides from the curriculum of my first year in school. My average on nn the Kaplan Q bank 2000 questions was around a 62%. On mastery app, I went through 1000 questions with an average of 66%. Studied a couple hours each day after class through April, then studied 3-4 hours a day in May, then 5-6 hours the first week of June.

Lots of my classmates spent 300-1000 bucks extra for study materials and programs. My philosophy was to use what I’m given, I’m already spending enough as it is.

Just found out I passed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the raw passing score for the NBDE part 1? Just took it and it was so hard. I would be lucky if I got over 230 questions right. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the raw passing score for the NBDE part 1? Just took it and it was so hard. I would be lucky if I got over 230 questions right. :/
Everyone feels that way after boards, unless you're some sort of genius.

I felt probably worse than you did after it and I passed on my first try. Just try to enjoy these next two weeks and check your dentpin account; you'll be surprised

Everyone feels that way after boards, unless you're some sort of genius.

I felt probably worse than you did after it and I passed on my first try. Just try to enjoy these next two weeks and check your dentpin account; you'll be surprised
Thank you! I’m trying to do things to get my mind off of it. I really hope I pass.