NBDE Part I Test Prep Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a box set of the Dental Decks but am also thinking I should get some other prep material to prepare for the first part of the National Boards. Right now I'm thinking of either getting Mosby's NBDE review or First Aid for NBDE part I. Has anyone used either of these and are they worthwhile? Also, I have also heard Kaplan's Qbank is good, but do they also have a book or something that is helpful? Should I get the Qbank eventhough I already have the dental decks? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, I also just saw the "Crack the NBDE" is the sponsor of the forum - anyone use their product to prepare for the test? Is it good? Thanks!

First Aid for NBDE part I[/URL]. Has anyone used either of these and are they worthwhile? Also, I have also heard Kaplan's Qbank is good, but do they also have a book or something that is helpful? Should I get the Qbank eventhough I already have the dental decks? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

First Aid for NBDE I is a comprehensive preparation material. I have gone through the whole book. Of course you have to supplement this kind of review book with some textbooks (for explanations, understanding a matter and concept building). And you must read First Aid for USMLE Step I in conjunction with NBDE I review book. They are mostly supplementary and times complimentary. Also I found Kaplan Q bank helpful. Please do not forget to go through ALL released NBDE Qs published by ASDA.
Good luck,
rahmed

I agree with the above advice...nbde first aid is really helpful for u to revise once u have understood the theory from kaplan review book...it highlights main things..esp last 2-3 days u can just review these books...so u kinda cover more in less time in last few days.But Decks and released papers are compulsory.....to ace the exam.

Thanks for the input. I'm planning on getting the NBDE First Aid book now. You mention a kaplan book - where can I get that? Is that the dentEssentials book that you can purchase only in combination with Qbank? Is it worth the $250?