NBDE Part1 results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samudsri

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anybody got their part 1 results? One of my friend got results yesterday.

Pl post ur scores and when you got...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i got mine 87% i scored well in da 94 and gross anatomy -88 the other two -82 .......what about you? let me know...

hi kimy,

congrats!

I have not yet reced my scores...hopefully i will get it today..

GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
let me know when you do and also the schools youll be applying to?.good luck

My wife received her result last Friday. 87 points overall put her at 70% percentile (I believe individual scores were 91, 89, 86, 82 with microbiology the worst). Is that score good enough for dental school?

Obvious I am very proud of her. She has been in this country for only 8 months. Her english was rudimentary and she forgot almost everything she learned 6 years ago. She studied 8 hrs/day, 6 days/week for 110 days. That just shows the nbde is surmountable with enough determination.

She used only dental decks, past exams, kaplan book and anatomy charts for her study.

- tengu

Hi'yall

I received mine today after so many weeks of waiting! I received 92 average score... I was thrilled with the score and as I was only hoping for a pass. Now I can concentrate on my Part 2! I wish everyone a Happy New Year and good luck with your studies!

Cheers

Congrats to Tengu and his wife's good performance. I am curious as to how you came up with the '70th percentile' with overall score of 87. Can u please let me know?

What do u think do the schools look for? is it the overall score or is it this 'percentile'? Anybody has answers????

Thank u all.

Hearty Congrats to the Mightymolar.

Where are u in Baltimore? I am in the same neck of the woods too. Can u please post ur email id for further contact. thank u

> I am curious as to how you came up with the
> '70th percentile' with overall score of 87.
the percentile is listed at the back of the report card.

Hi Mightymolar,
Congratulations.
How did you prepare for part 1?
I have been out of school for 14 years and have not practice for about seven since I moved here.
Can you give me some advices .
I am planning to take part 1 in july 03

thanks.

Alino.

Hi. For your comfort... Part 1 exams have nothing to do with clinical dentistry. So it doesn't matter whether or not you have been practicing dentistry. Even if you have been practicing dentistry for the past 20 years, Part 1 subjects will require some months of SERIOUS preparations. The truth is this: there is no easy way! (I'm sure you would have worked it out by now!) You will have to sit down and discipline yourself, many people have done so in the past, so why not you? I would advise you to get an old Part 1 exam with answers. Then do it at your pace and time yourself. See how well (or bad) you do. Then work out which areas of Part 1 you are weak. Then prioritize which subjects (or areas) you must cover first. Remember, you should know the basics first! So if you were bad in biochemistry, then start from amino acids and thermodynamics! If you have no clue on anatomy, then get a good anatomy text book and teach yourself! Either that or spend thousands and thousands of money on those private teaching stuff (e.g. Kaplan) but in the end the results will only depend on how much you have learnt.
It's not easy, the entire dental community here knows it! Welcome to the club. Ciao.

thanks mightymolar,
right now i am trying to do the decks as much as i can.
as they vrey usefull

alino