Nbde part2 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vijaggi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can somebody answer this question

1.The junction between primary and secondary dentine is,

A.. .A reversal line
B.. .Sharp curvature
C.. .A resting line
D. .reduction in the number of tubules.

Members don't see this ad.

Can somebody answer this question

1.The junction between primary and secondary dentine is,

A.A reversal line
B.Sharp curvature
C.A resting line
D. .reduction in the number of tubules.

sharp curvature.

Last edited:
hey could anyone please explain this to me?

Which perforation location has the best prognosis?
A. Coronal third of root
B. Apical third of root
C. Chamber floor
D. Middle third of root

i thought the answer would be A or C since the more apical a perforation, the poorer its prognosis due to decreased ability to repair - but according to mosby's the answer is B. how is that :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
one more:

How should a vital second permanent molar with a 2.0-mm exposure on 12 year old patient be treated?
A. Apexification
B. Direct pulp capping
C. Indirect pulp capping
D. Extract
E. Apexogenesis

I thought the answer would be E - apparently, that's wrong. It's A.
Isnt apexification only for NON-vital permanent teeth to create a barrier and complete endo?
apexogenesis is for vital teeth, isn't it?
so confused...

one more:

How should a vital second permanent molar with a 2.0-mm exposure on 12 year old patient be treated?
A. Apexification
B. Direct pulp capping
C. Indirect pulp capping
D. Extract
E. Apexogenesis

I thought the answer would be E - apparently, that's wrong. It's A.
Isnt apexification only for NON-vital permanent teeth to create a barrier and complete endo?
apexogenesis is for vital teeth, isn't it?
so confused...

It looks like you're taking the sample exam from the Mosby book-- you know that the answers are in the back, right?

Just in case you don't have the book, the reason why you would do an apexification is because the 2.0 mm pulp exposure is too big to do a vital pulp therapy. The patient is only 12 so most likely the root apices would still be open. So, you would need to do a pulpectomy and then do the apexification.

It looks like you're taking the sample exam from the Mosby book-- you know that the answers are in the back, right?

Just in case you don't have the book, the reason why you would do an apexification is because the 2.0 mm pulp exposure is too big to do a vital pulp therapy. The patient is only 12 so most likely the root apices would still be open. So, you would need to do a pulpectomy and then do the apexification.

yup im doin it from mosby's i mentioned that in my previous question :)
i got the answer, i just dont understand WHY it was that. according to mosby's, apexogenesis is not vital pulp therapy because it's done only in pulpless teeth.
i understand that ur sayin that b/c the exposure is 2mm and direct pulp capping is done only up to 1 mm (pinpoint exposure), the pulpotomy must be performed and then root end closure done.

BUT why can u not do apexogenesis, since its indication is "immature teeth with incomplete root formation and with damaged coronal pulp but healthy radicular pulp"

that's actually my question - even if u do a pulpotomy, the radicular pulp WILL be intact, (whereas in apexification the entire pulp is necrotic), so why isn't apexogenesis the answer?

yup im doin it from mosby's i mentioned that in my previous question :)
i got the answer, i just dont understand WHY it was that. according to mosby's, apexogenesis is not vital pulp therapy because it's done only in pulpless teeth.
i understand that ur sayin that b/c the exposure is 2mm and direct pulp capping is done only up to 1 mm (pinpoint exposure), the pulpotomy must be performed and then root end closure done.

BUT why can u not do apexogenesis, since its indication is "immature teeth with incomplete root formation and with damaged coronal pulp but healthy radicular pulp"

that's actually my question - even if u do a pulpotomy, the radicular pulp WILL be intact, (whereas in apexification the entire pulp is necrotic), so why isn't apexogenesis the answer?

You're right, based on the information they gave in the question, apexogenesis would be a possible treatment. The Mosby answer key says that "pulpotomies should not be performed on permanent teeth (unless apexogenesis) because it causes calcification of the root canal system." However, apexogenesis is indicated for immature permanent teeth with carious exposures and that answer choice would be make sense for this question.

You're right, based on the information they gave in the question, apexogenesis would be a possible treatment. The Mosby answer key says that "pulpotomies should not be performed on permanent teeth (unless apexogenesis) because it causes calcification of the root canal system." However, apexogenesis is indicated for immature permanent teeth with carious exposures and that answer choice would be make sense for this question.

yeah that's what i thought.. i feel like this question is poorly written and i'm still inclined to say they made a mistake with the answer :confused:

thanks for your help superman! appreciate it :)