NBDE score messed me up!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunPharaoh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got my NBDE score today and even though I passed i'm afraid my score was not that good.I got 76. I wasn't that well prepared anyway so I guess in a way its a good thing i passed. I went through a lot lately and it took a toll on me and things got messed up and this is where i stand i'm afraid.

Anyway, what I need right now is to figure out what to do next . When not using the NBDE scores to apply for master's degrees, does the score you get really matter or does it then basically be whether you've passed it or not??. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't live in the US I would have retaken the exam in a heartbeat but going back again to retake the exam would drain me financially. I was thinking mayde i'd retake part of the exam to improve the score a little bit. Does anyone know if I can say schedule to take retake part of the exam and take part II in the same week or something or will I then have to wait before I can take part II. I can't keep going back and forth to the US and therefore I really don't know what to do . It doesn't seem that there is a lot of info on the ADA website concering retaking parts of the exam . I have no idea how the process works and I was hoping someone would help me out.

Please you guys....any pointers would really help big time.

Members don't see this ad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can retake parts of the NDBE I since it's now in an integrated format....you have to retake the whole thing.

Hey guys,
It doesn't seem that there is a lot of info on the ADA website concering retaking parts of the exam . I have no idea how the process works and I was hoping someone would help me out.

Read the Candidate Guide... page 6.

Eligibility for Partial Reexamination
Partial reexamination consists of reexamination in some, but not all, examinations in Part I. Effective January 1, 2007, partial reexamination is available only for those candidates who have taken the Part I prior to January 1, 2007.

Retake the exam... or keep things the way they are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, all I know right now is the score I got. The score report was mailed to my friend in the US and I left already.

im in just in the same situation as her with a low score and do not knw wht to do now. with a score of 76 and to enter into international dentist program, do i have to retake the exam or shall i just go ahead and apply. do anyone know anyother options like advance dentistry or soemthing like that im not aware of. im not interested in doing any speciality after DDS.
i would really appreciate any sincere advice .
thank you guys and good luck to all.