nbde2; urgent help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nadia2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone advise me on what to do with a part 1 score of 76 and failed part2

Members don't see this ad.

Retake the part 2. Sending your scores in with a fail in Part 2 will looked down upon. Brush it off, and put in time and effort. You'll succeed this time! Good luck!!!

thanks. i forgot to add i have 2years of dental assisting experience does this count for anything if i apply to schools taking part 1 scores only

Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion, yes that is obviously a great qualification. However, I truly believe that if they see that your "fail" they'll look down upon it. I don't know if they'd deny you an interview, but they'll give it to other people over you. Sorry to be so blunt about it.

thanks. i forgot to add i have 2years of dental assisting experience does this count for anything if i apply to schools taking part 1 scores only

Being a dental assistant won't matter on your application till you pass your Part 2. It is a big negative to have failed any of the boards. So study hard and pass Part 2.

how do you know your score of NBDE 1? doesn't it only show passed/failed

nadia2013 ...dont worry ...you have as good a chance of getting a seat as any other person because colleges like pacific dugoni have clearly stated that firstly part 1 scores wont be revealed to the admission commitee and secondly even if you take part 2 they will not reveal it to the selection commitee irrespective of the result. Also though NOT CONFIRMED ...i have heard that all california colleges are following the same standard. So you have a good chance at all these college at least ...so chear up and be positive :thumbup: best of luck

The CAAPID application shows the scores of pass and fail. Candidates have to state whether they did pass or fail. So it won't be kept a secret. Also if the candidate doesn't report it and gets in their acceptance can be rescinded. So like I said work hard and pass it.

Yes I agree with asd1234 you must definitely try to clear your part 2 as soon as possible..that goes without saying but all i am saying is that you can go ahead and apply with you part 1 as well otherwise you can wait till you clear your part 2 and get a score report showing that..which will be better than the earlier one with the part 2 without pass (if you dont mind waiting for one more year that is)

Last edited:
thanks all for your advice. I took the part 1 before the pass/fail period but the part 2 was during the pass/fail time and yes the caapid application will show both results even after i pass it. I really want to try and apply in this cycle but i dont know think i will be able to prepare for it before the cycle ends???

I have mentioned in caapid appli about my part 2 -- yet to be taken in september month,but I haven't even taken any date nor I am prepared yet so should i email all schools to clear that i am not taking part2 now in coming few months, or I do not need to do anything like not informing various schools .

i have a doubt.... when we have to give part 2 ..do we again ave to send ece to ada for eligibility or filling up the online form is enough? n what about the eligibility letter..

Can anyone please tell me what to expect in part2..i have my exam on wed...
i have gone thr decks,mosby and asda....????:confused:
anyone has given recently??? If yes..then please mention if u can rem some questions?