nbeo part 3 - how did everyone do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how did everyone do on the CSE?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask again in a month or two.

I know I missed a few things, but I think I did enough to pass. My refraction patient was an idiot. Apparently the student in front of me had trouble with him and then I did too. I hope they end up adjusting the scores for that. I scoped .75 cyl and then on subjective he took me 2.25 cyl. I checked VA's and they were like 20/60. I cut the cyl to 1.25 and he said that was better. Clearly he did not understand the question, "WHICH IS BETTER!" Then he took me down to .25 cyl. Now I'm thinking, WHAT THE HELL! So I eventually got him to a soft 20/25 and moved on.

I was a little frustrated. The rest went OK.

that's sort of the same thing for my patient...

did you also feel that we were given too much time? i felt that i was sitting around most of the time...

also, a strange thing is that everyone had the same case history scenario

Members don't see this ad :)
I was sitting around for about 10 minutes in each section. In the gonio section and CL one I was done in like 15 minutes. I kept looking at the list of things to do and making sure I did them all.

I was sitting around for about 10 minutes in each section. In the gonio section and CL one I was done in like 15 minutes. I kept looking at the list of things to do and making sure I did them all.

i think we should have gotten some bonus points for finishing fast.... some of my friends ended up not finishing any of the stations in time (lensometry being cut short, not being able to do phorias in photopter, etc)

Think it went fairly well, although my refraction patient was kinda blah! When I was doing BCC on her, she took a ton of plus (and she was only 26, CMA). Anyways, I re-did the test and the second time around, after one click of plus, she said the vertical was darker! Go figure! I still finished the station with time to spare and the rest of the stations went pretty smoothly too...probably washed my hands way more than I should have but better more than less!

I did find myself sitting around for a while after each station, but I didnt mind too much because it gave me time to collect myself and get ready for the next station.

Sooo happy to be done! Just have to take PAM next week and it will all be over! Has anyone taken PAM yet?

Think it went fairly well, although my refraction patient was kinda blah! When I was doing BCC on her, she took a ton of plus (and she was only 26, CMA). Anyways, I re-did the test and the second time around, after one click of plus, she said the vertical was darker! Go figure! I still finished the station with time to spare and the rest of the stations went pretty smoothly too...probably washed my hands way more than I should have but better more than less!

I did find myself sitting around for a while after each station, but I didnt mind too much because it gave me time to collect myself and get ready for the next station.

Sooo happy to be done! Just have to take PAM next week and it will all be over! Has anyone taken PAM yet?

i think everyone takes PAM at the same time... it'll be nice once that's through

The PAM was a hell of a lot easier than I anticipated. Watch out for those sea sickness patches!!!

The PAM was a hell of a lot easier than I anticipated. Watch out for those sea sickness patches!!!

hahah yep... that was a dead giveaway! nice pharm. aniso

any questions that gave you any trouble?

was that question on the PAM with the kid who was camping: parinauds or a simple contact dermatitis?

was that question on the PAM with the kid who was camping: parinauds or a simple contact dermatitis?

I went with contact dermatitis. With Parinauds the pt will have some kind of lymphadenpathy. They usually also have a fever or malaise. I don't think the case mentioned that stuff, but it all is a blur to me, so I could be wrong.

I went with contact dermatitis. With Parinauds the pt will have some kind of lymphadenpathy. They usually also have a fever or malaise. I don't think the case mentioned that stuff, but it all is a blur to me, so I could be wrong.

yeah, i dont think there was lymphadnopathy in the question... tons of people keep arguing about that question, but i also went with contact dermatitis :thumbup: