NBME 17 - 205, major let down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shannon13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...
I've already posted some time ago... I started with NBME 190 and went 194, 205.

I've studied for a while, I think I covered a lot but still can't get the score up...
I'm so upset right now.
I've done 55% of Uworld and behavioral/antifungals are my weak points.

I've had 49 mistakes on NBME 17, maybe 3 of them were changed from a good answer to the wrong one.

The qs don't seem to be super difficult... For example, I missed a qs only because I confused TNF with IFN. Stupid mistakes, not a lack of knowledge but still a mistake.

I'd appreciate some input. I need to score >220. I'm supposed to take it in 3 weeks but I don't think it's possible...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys...
I've already posted some time ago... I started with NBME 190 and went 194, 205.

I've studied for a while, I think I covered a lot but still can't get the score up...
I'm so upset right now.
I've done 55% of Uworld and behavioral/antifungals are my weak points.

I've had 49 mistakes on NBME 17, maybe 3 of them were changed from a good answer to the wrong one.

The qs don't seem to be super difficult... For example, I missed a qs only because I confused TNF with IFN. Stupid mistakes, not a lack of knowledge but still a mistake.

I'd appreciate some input. I need to score >220. I'm supposed to take it in 3 weeks but I don't think it's possible...

You are actually making progress and I think it's possible to bring that score up...

I am in the same situation 188, 190 in NBME 13&15 respectively... If you have DIT, you can do a quick review in subjects that you are weak on...

What's your Uworld average?

You are actually making progress and I think it's possible to bring that score up...

I am in the same situation 188, 190 in NBME 13&15 respectively... If you have DIT, you can do a quick review in subjects that you are weak on...

What's your Uworld average?

UWorld around 65%.
After taking NBME 16 I was really angry cause qs weren't really that hard...
I'm not sure what to do next lol
Studying for now and taking another nbme next week, I hope I can do better...
When is your test?

UWorld around 65%.
After taking NBME 16 I was really angry cause qs weren't really that hard...
I'm not sure what to do next lol
Studying for now and taking another nbme next week, I hope I can do better...
When is your test?
Mid July... I was planning to take NBME 16 today but other stuff came up so I will take it tomorrow... If I don't get 210+ on 16, I will ask my school for a 1 month extension. Can't afford to get <220 in the real stuff even if I am 100% sure I will do psych or primary care.

Based on your Uworld average, you should be scoring in the 230s...

Mid July... I was planning to take NBME 16 today but other stuff came up so I will take it tomorrow... If I don't get 210+ on 16, I will ask my school for a 1 month extension. Can't afford to get <220 in the real stuff even if I am 100% sure I will do psych or primary care.

Based on your Uworld average, you should be scoring in the 230s...

Do that. I have to tell you something... I'm an IMG and I already have a lower chance to get the residency.
I was gonna apply this year but as far as I can see I might not be able to (I still have CK to go).

I've been out of med school for a few years and every year of waiting is a lower chance but whatever.
I decided to take it only when I'm scoring above 230. Hoping research will help me.

My point is, I went from 159 to 205. It took me a long time but I didn't finish med school here so had no clue how to bite it.
Go for 230 and more. You will totally do this. Whatever the month of extension :)

Let me know how was your NBME 16!