NBME 2 (self-assessment) cbssa score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostampa2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just took the test...my cbssa assessment score 200 :eek::eek:
but the three digit conversion scale only goes down to 210 (which converts to 159). does that mean my score is 157??

oh god

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm...that's probably not so good. How long do you have until test time? If you have awhile, you're probably fine. My class's average on the CBSE was a failing score. I personally was projected in the low 190's, and I can tell you I'd score way higher than that now, a month and a half later.

NBME 2 is comparatively tougher than others. Infact it's quite different as you might have encountered a far more clinical vignettes than the usual nbme has. If you are at the beginning of your course, I suggest studying seriously. Once you have done a good chunk of step1 syllabus, evaluate yourself with NBME form 5. This one's comparatively easier and you'd feel more comfortable.

Of course as you move on, your final bet would be a subscription of Usmle world Qbank :laugh: (I did it offline and got about 180/200 correct - very tough exam!)

NBME 2 is comparatively tougher than others. Infact it's quite different as you might have encountered a far more clinical vignettes than the usual nbme has. If you are at the beginning of your course, I suggest studying seriously. Once you have done a good chunk of step1 syllabus, evaluate yourself with NBME form 5. This one's comparatively easier and you'd feel more comfortable.

Of course as you move on, your final bet would be a subscription of Usmle world Qbank :laugh: (I did it offline and got about 180/200 correct - very tough exam!)

yea, i'm starting my board studying from today...i have about couple of months to prepare for this..we'll see how things go

i was just wondering what would be a realistic prediction of my real score based on this baseline score..but i'm not so hot on taking a test without any preparation. oh well...

yea, i'm starting my board studying from today...i have about couple of months to prepare for this..we'll see how things go

i was just wondering what would be a realistic prediction of my real score based on this baseline score..but i'm not so hot on taking a test without any preparation. oh well...

Well there's no "real" prediction, but your current nbme test result probably shows you are failing your real exam by quite a margin. Can you make a rough guess how many estimated % of questions you got correct? You need to score atleast about 65% on NBME to pass the exam. Typically these NBMEs are quite easy compared to the real thing.

And I don't know whether you're an IMG, but typically if you are, you should consider delaying your STEP 1 exam a little bit. I have seen other people in this forum scoring in excess of 200 (3 digit scale) on their NBMEs on the start of their preparation.