NBME 7 prediction accurate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanquish

Soldier of Fortune
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I just did nbme 7 with extended feedback online and got 610-247. I was just wondering how accurate nbme 7 is compared to how the real exam is nowadays. Is it fairly representative or are NBME 11/12 better predictors since the latest changes in the question pool. Anyone who just gave the beast please give me some advice on this issue. Also any advice from the veterans...Mcgillgrad, vicihinill, or kryptik.:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys. I just did nbme 7 with extended feedback online and got 610-247. I was just wondering how accurate nbme 7 is compared to how the real exam is nowadays. Is it fairly representative or are NBME 11/12 better predictors since the latest changes in the question pool. Anyone who just gave the beast please give me some advice on this issue. Also any advice from the veterans...Mcgillgrad, vicihinill, or kryptik.:idea:
under predicted my score by 3 points 5 days away....

every exam is different

Don't think one test is a better predictor than another. Depending on test content, ones test score can vary, so think more about ranges. Take a couple practice tests and get a feel for your range (if knowing your range is so important to you)

People worry way too much about what practice test is the best predictor. It's a waste of time just thinking about it. Just do your best, study hard, and things will work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is what you should get out of the NBME self assessment:
1. you're in very good shape score-wise
2. which topics were you weak or performed poorest in? work on those!

the point isn't to try and accurately predict your score

Same NBME 7 score

Step 1 = 243

Hey Guys,
Need a quick opinion. So took NBME and got a 440=207 and I'm signed up to take the step this week. Should I postpone or just take my chances and take it?

Hey Guys,
Need a quick opinion. So took NBME and got a 440=207 and I'm signed up to take the step this week. Should I postpone or just take my chances and take it?
The answer lies within you...........and only you can answer this question.
Consider these:
1. You can never be 100% prepared.
2. It all depends on your preparation and confidence level.
If you did your best in preparations & feel confident, go for it

As Yoda said.......Feel the force.........young skywalker...........