NBME 7 vs UWSA 1 and 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AkGrown84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize this is kind of a judgement call, but I'm pseudo freaking out here. I am scheduled to sit for step 2 this Thursday. Did UWSA #1 several weeks ago and scored a 238. Was ok with that. Then did NBME 7 last week and scored a 202. FREAKING TWO HUNDRED TWO. Totally threw me for a loop and made me second guess taking it this next week. And now I just finished UWSA #2 and ended up with a 241.

Is that NBME 7 just ridiculously hard and notorious for underscoring a ton? Or?? I'm thinking of taking another NBME tomorrow so I see where I sit and go from there. Any specific NBME form that seems to be the most spot on for correlation with the real deal? And what do you all think of that wide gap in scores? Fluke?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read NBME 7 undepredicts for most, and UWSA1 predicts the best. My NBME7 was 15 points lower than UWSA1

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just took NBME form 6 to kind of decide. Ended up with a 209..... I think I'm going to cancel or postpone. I sit for COMLEX level 2 next Monday, so I don't HAVE to have USMLE. But still, this is a blow. I just don't understand the 30+ point discrepancy between NBME and UWSA?! I wish I knew which to believe!

Good call. I wouldn't take the test (at least not before ERAS) unless I score within 10 pts of my target number.