Nbme is easier than Qbank?? How come...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosfet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the nbme#1 form and scored in high 220's. But when I was taking the exam, I felt like the questions were a lot easier and shorter than qbank. And I have read other ppls' posts saying that the the real exam is most similar to the nbme than qbank or any other question source.

So does that mean the real usmle is easier than the qbank??? Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the nbme questions were easier than I thought. But I guess I didn't do better because everyone else that took it probably felt the same way (....moreover I am not quite done with my preparation yet).

I would appreciate you opinion on this, especially ppl that already took the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought QBank had a lot of esoteric questions (HLA's, etc.) that were not present on the Step I. All in all, I think the Step I had more difficult questions if you consider difficult questions to require more reasoning/integration and less rote memorization of obscure minutiae (HLAs, etc.).

For me the USMLE was very much like the NBME questions. So if those were easy for you compared to Qbank thats good.

Most people seem to feel that the NBME is the best predictor of their ultimate score.

trouta said:
For me the USMLE was very much like the NBME questions. So if those were easy for you compared to Qbank thats good.

Most people seem to feel that the NBME is the best predictor of their ultimate score.

When do you think is an appropriate time to take the NBME? How many weeks before test day?
THANKS!

Thanks for your responses.

I am just looking for more opinions on this. How many ppl thought that the NBME exams are easier than Qbank?