USMLE NBME predicted score 150. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DynamicMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Frankly I am very scared right now. My NBME 13 predicted score is 150. I took it when I have done 1 pass of Pathoma, 80% of FA and 70% of USMLE-Rx. I am starting UWorld next week. I understand everything but I have problems retaining information. Please tell me what study plan I should implement in order to score 230-240 on the real deal? Is it possible in 3 months?

Please give me some advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What subjects were your bad ones? I know you can get to passing in 3 months, easy. But first, we gotta figure out why you're missing questions. Go through each wrong question (and correct ones if you flat out guessed) and ask yourself why you got it wrong. Was it just didn't know, read the question wrong, got it down to 50/50, time issues, etc. Once you figure out which (or all) was your issue, you can start to work on that.

If it's a knowledge, just didn't know issue. That's okay. I liked Boards and Beyond as he went over everything and tied it to some clinical aspects, plus he gave FA pages numbers that matched his videos. And then is physiology was a problem I really liked physeo. The videos could be long, like 40 minutes for a cardio video, but with that one video, I finally could picture in my head what the heart chambers were doing.

Just keep studying and don't give up. Before hitting uworld, I would suggest trying Kaplan qbank to make sure that you are understanding basic concepts.

Frankly I am very scared right now. My NBME 13 predicted score is 150. I took it when I have done 1 pass of Pathoma, 80% of FA and 70% of USMLE-Rx. I am starting UWorld next week.

I plan to study for 3 months straight. Please tell me what study plan I should implement in order to score 230-240 on the real deal? Is it possible in 3 months?

Please give me some advice!

Hello,

We saw your reply and would like to offer tutoring services if you're interested. This can be a great way to boost your score and get specific help with areas in which you're weak along with test-taking skill development. A colleague and I started MedBoardTutors to help students in situations just like this.

MedBoardTutors has the highest average Step 1, Step 2 CK and COMLEX scores among all USMLE tutoring companies with an average of >260 on Step 1, >260 on Step 2 CK and >800 on COMLEX. We also have thousands of hours of tutoring experience for the USMLE, working with both U.S. and International medical graduates. We have seen great improvement in all of our students, and believe that our personalized approach to each student allows for our students to reach their maximum potential.

We tutor because we love to teach, and help our fellow colleagues. Because of this, our tutoring rates are significantly less expensive than our competitors. While it will not cost you as much, we offer the same quality, effective services as other companies.

If interested, please check out our website at www.medboardtutors.com

There, you will find information about our services, testimonials, pricing and how to start the tutoring program.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
MedBoardTutors - Michael Shriver and Andrew Beck