NBME Self Assessment + USLME World???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babycatcher2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading these threads and have learned about NBME self-assessment test and how much they correlate to your real score on Step 2CK? However, they are $45 each ($135 for 3 forms). I have plans to buy USMLE tomorrow for a 30 day subscription ($90) with my test scheduled for July 31st. Is it worth it to purchase USMLE AND NBME Self Assessment test??? That will be $225!!!! I'd prefer anyone's opinion. Preferrably from those who have already taken Step 2CK. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't have my scores yet, so I can't speak to the prediction of the NBMEs, but I don't think you have much to gain from all three - All they do is help gauge how you're doing, you don't really learn from them and they take half a day to do at least. I would do one a week or two before just to make sure you're where you need to be.

USMLE World should be enough for four weeks of prep. I just posted my recent results and experience on the long long STEP 2 CK thread.

Good luck!

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to which practice NBME test was the best predictor for Step2CK? Which was most useless?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any further comments?

I'm debating against doing a full length practice test with UW versus one of the NBME tests.

I have about 700 questions left and 9 days to study.

How many full length practice tests did others do? I'm not sure when I should do one, or how many to do. I've been doing about 150 questions a day for quite awhile and I get burnt out even doing that. :oops:

I am also wondering if it is useful to do any NMBE tests. Many posts have stated that the NMBEs are not as useful for Step 2 as they were for
Step 1.
Any suggestions? Should I do at least one, or just keep at it with UW?

Thanks

I am also wondering if it is useful to do any NMBE tests. Many posts have stated that the NMBEs are not as useful for Step 2 as they were for
Step 1.
Any suggestions? Should I do at least one, or just keep at it with UW?

Thanks

FWIW, what I picked up from searching this forum is that if you do one, the second test is the most representative of your grade.