Nbme vs UWSA ..4 weeks into exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kagman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my exam in 4 weeks. I plan on doing NBME 12,16 and UWSA1/2 in the coming weeks. Have done the other 4 online nbmes. I needed advice on the order of taking the mocks I've mentioned above. Should I take 16 now rather than a week into the exam ? How abt the others ?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

16 is a more accurate predictor than 12, so do you want an accurate representation of where you stand now, or a week out from the exam? I chose to do that one last. Take the UWSAs whenever, just remember they tend to over predict, so don't get complacent after taking them.

Take NBMEs as soon as possible so that you have enough time to recover/learn about the topics you didn't do well on NBMEs.
Do UWSA last (one week) before the test---a higher score is good for the morale before the test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks missorleans and transposony. I think I'll take 16 then, so I can work upon my weaknesses followed by 12 in the last week. I hope to finish uw again in the next 2/3 weeks then
I'll do 12 a week prior and sa 1 and 2 in the last week post doing 12... Will keep sa 1 and 2 as a revision tool along with a read of Fa