NBPAS added by Joint Commission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 6 users
question, why isn't it just called national board of physicians? are surgeons not physicians? a little redundant maybe

Members don't see this ad :)
question, why isn't it just called national board of physicians? are surgeons not physicians? a little redundant maybe
What does NBP stand for?

NBP
AcronymDefinition
NBPNational Business Publications
NBPNetwork Binding Protocol
NBPAlliance Media National Business Partnership (Russia)
NBPNaval Beach Party

A throwback to the separation between physicians and barber-surgeons, probably. Columbia's med school is the College of Physicians and Surgeons. The distinction is historically more clearly drawn in the British system. I worked with a CT fellow in residency who was from UK, and got real hung up on being called Mr instead of Dr. Weird.

A throwback to the separation between physicians and barber-surgeons, probably. Columbia's med school is the College of Physicians and Surgeons. The distinction is historically more clearly drawn in the British system. I worked with a CT fellow in residency who was from UK, and got real hung up on being called Mr instead of Dr. Weird.
Mr. Weird and Dr. Strange.

Reactions: 1 user
Does this actually change anything? Will anyone here stop jumping through all if the hoops and paying the thousands and thousands to keep their MOC?

ahh okay that makes sense

Does this actually change anything? Will anyone here stop jumping through all if the hoops and paying the thousands and thousands to keep their MOC?
not yet, but eventually yes, especially since asa, aba are not doing anything for scope creep besides putting physician in front of the word anesthesiologist

Reactions: 1 users
If my hospital system accepted it I would opt out of the MOCA extortion scheme immediately. And I do not even pay for it, my employer does.

Reactions: 9 users
This may be the first thing JC has done something that I support.

Actually, you won't believe this - but they just came to our hospital, and our director of the pain clinic got in a shouting match with one of the inspectors (which is TOTALLY uncharacteristic of him) because they had said something ridiculous and not true...which IS very characteristic of JC inspectors.

Anyway, here is the unbelievable part. The next morning at the HOTWASH session they have every morning - the inspector APOLOGIZED for being wrong!!!! Can you freaking believe it? It may be the first time in the history of Joint Commission that they admitted being wrong in anything.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm re-cert until 2030 by ABA, will not be doing any of these non-sense from ABA (yearly MOCA, etc.).

I'm supporting NBPAS so hopefully in 2030 NBPAS is fully acceptable.

Reactions: 2 users