Ndbe Part 1 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentyst05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All !
Could all those who took their exams in the year 2004 ( written/computerised) please post details such as
TYPE OF TEST TAKEN (written/computerised);
MONTHS OF STUDY
HOURS PER DAY
STUDY MATERIAL USED
SCORES
& any other advice, for the benefit of those preparing for exams this year.
Thank you in advance.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

dentyst05 said:
Hi All !
Could all those who took their exams in the year 2004 ( written/computerised) please post details such as
MONTHS OF STUDY
HOURS PER DAY
STUDY MATERIAL USED
SCORES
Thank you in advance.
I did it computer based
4 months 5 days a week
12 hours in library probably 8 hours of efficiet study.
score 90 part I
about sources, there is no formula that works for everyone, it really depeds on your background , if you are a new graduate dental decks and doing the old questions ( all of them , I repeat all ) , should be enough.
If it has been a couple of years and all you need a reminder Kaplan book and decks and questions are enough.
If it has been many years ( 4-5 or more) or you didnt study well back in basic science years of school you willl need to relearn many things.
MOST important !!!! regardless of what U do , you shoukd go over all the subjects in the last 30 days and see all the released questions ( its what I didnt do )
Good luck
You can message me if you had questions.

Hi,

I took part 1 CBT on december 8, 2004. I think that everyone has a particular way of studying, some study for less hours and do well. I studied for like 4-5 months in total. Went thru kaplan for physio, micro and patho, and Dental anatomy. After that went thru dental decks for like 3-4 times and used decks as the main source. I would recommend referring to the text books or kaplan for subjects/topics which one thinks are ones weakest. Like I know I should have spent more time and energy on mircro/patho since they were my weakest subjects. When using dental decks make sure u dont leave any thing on that, as even a small minor line becomes very important, that is purely my own opinion. If u dont understand something refer to the text book or kaplan, since I was more comfortable with the text books that I had used in dental school in my home country so I revised many things from that.
Just make a time table and do try to stick to that. And its a very useful information that Babak has given that do revise every subject in the last one month. Its very important that everything is fresh in ur memory.
and my part 1 scores came out to be 93 %.
Best of luck. Feel free to ask if u have any questions. There are tons of different information on SDN, its u who have to analyze those carefully and be optimistic. dont let urself get discouraged.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentyst05 said:
Hi All !
MONTHS OF STUDY
HOURS PER DAY
STUDY MATERIAL USED
SCORES
Thank you in advance.

CBT is a risky task..Luck plays an important role in cbt.

But if you are very thorough with the subjects then it's a differnt story, meaning you can go for either paper based or cbt.

Prepare smart-don't rely on decks completely if you want to score above 90
Kaplan is a wonderful book but should work hard to memorize all topics! :luck:

Hi Babak, Saira & Dental doc,
Thanks for all the info. Congratulations on your good score :thumbup: . Shall keep in mind all your tips.
Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

did u got any information??

hi,

I am planning to give the NBDe part1 exam in a few months.I was wondering if there is anyone from the east coast who is also preparing .

thanks!

dentyst05 said:
Hi All !
MONTHS OF STUDY
HOURS PER DAY
STUDY MATERIAL USED
SCORES
Thank you in advance.
hi,

i think its a good idea. iam preparing to give CBT in few months .Am sure this will help us all who are into preparationfor part1 .So please Help. :luck:

Hi,

I am from east coast too.planning to give part1 in march/april.

Bye

zygomaticus said:
hi,

I am planning to give the NBDe part1 exam in a few months.I was wondering if there is anyone from the east coast who is also preparing .

thanks!

Hi,
Even i am planning to take my exam soon....would be great if more people posted info about preparing for the exams .....would be really helpful.
Thank you

Ship80 said:
Hi,

I am from east coast too.planning to give part1 in march/april.

Bye

hi,
I too am from the east coast...giving part1 in june/july.which place r u from?

bye.

I am from Virginia.Which place r u from?

soumyata said:
hi,
I too am from the east coast...giving part1 in june/july.which place r u from?

bye.

hi,
I am also from Virginia.....Falls Church...u?

soumyata said:
hi,

Hi
I am planning to give part 1 in april, and I am from falls church, Virginia.
How are you studying? Keep in touch. We can help each other. Bye, take care. :laugh:

Hi, I'm in Maryland. Also planning to take part 1 in April. Is it possible we can exchange phone number and encourge each other? Anybody interested can e-mail to me at [email protected].

amarjeet said:
Hi
I am planning to give part 1 in april, and I am from falls church, Virginia.
How are you studying? Keep in touch. We can help each other. Bye, take care. :laugh:

I stay in herndon.........keep in touch

Bye

soumyata said:
hi,