Ndbe Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpat78

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for study aid material for the Part 1 Boards. If anyone has good study aid, please let me know. Also, did Kaplan course help ????

Members don't see this ad.

Hi MPat,

My class just took the NBDE Pt1 last month (July 15). The majority of us didn't go to any prep course for it.

We mainly studied out of past NBDE exams and the Dental Decks. We'll see how well we did when the scores are posted a few weeks from now. :D

Hi mpat,
I just took the part 1 in July, I have the latest Dental Decks, if you want to buy just let me know
take care

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking the National part I this December, all I am using to get ready is the last set of Dental Decks (I am already a foreign trained dentist).

Will I be OK? based on what you faced and the material from the dental decks, am I in good shape for the test?

Thank you,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

Personally I felt the Dental Decks helped some, but I couldn't rely totally on them. After my class took the NBDE Pt1 in July, my impression is that a lot of materials in the exam, particularly in the anatomical sciences, weren't covered by the decks (at least not to the level of detail on the exam).

I would look at old NBDE exams as well as generally reviewing some of the critical areas you know they will sure as heck ask questions on (such as muscles and AVNs in the head and neck, etc.).

The only part of NBDE I thought were cakewalks was Dental Anatomy (which for the most part is common sense).

Good luck!

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am using text books and for the last month prior to the test I'll take several " mock tests", just to get used to the test design as well as focusing for that amount of time...you know you study 40 minutes here, one hour there...and then at the day of the test you "don't know" why you feel so tired. :)

Once again, thank you for your help.

Rafael

Thank you all for helping.

hi manisha , this is dr.aditya from india. i am intersted in buying dental decks part1 and nbde part 1 please send me the details that how can i pay u and what is the price and how ull be able to send the materials to me in india.
plz mail to [email protected]
adi

I just took the part 1 in July, I have the latest Dental Decks, if you want to buy just let me know
take care[/QUOTE]