Near miss NRMP rank list nightmare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlayHard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m sure most of you know this already, but just wanted to give a heads up to those who don’t.

Got an urgent email from my school today telling me I had not certified my list yet. I thought this was impossible because I just recertified yesterday for the last of many times.

Sure enough when I checked the NRMP site, my match status was highlighted red saying I had to certify my list.

What happened was that this morning I was playing around with my list, but did not certify the changes since I wanted to leave it as it originally was from yesterday. Turns out that anytime you move something on your list, it is no longer certified (i.e. you lose the certification you had before). :eek:

If it weren't for my school’s pickup, this kid would have had a rank list of “0 programs” and been guaranteed scrambling!

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, close call! Glad you caught it.

I've now rechecked for that "certified" label several times, even though I haven't touched my list in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the important safety tip.

Take care,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks to your message i checked mine a couple times before the final deadline, just to be sure there were no oversights... good grab by the staff at your school.....and I thought the people at the Dean's office/ Office of Medical education were compltely useless...

last year, if you hadn't certified your list by deadline, you would get an email from nrmp the next day saying as such and asking you to submit a list by a certain time

yeah, apparently we have a classmate (Peds) who messed with her list pre-deadline, ended up with the same order as before, and, so, forgot to re-certify.

she's having a bad day...

i'm sure they'll find a solution. or at least i hope...

Jeff698 said:
Damn, close call! Glad you caught it.

I've now rechecked for that "certified" label several times, even though I haven't touched my list in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the important safety tip.

Take care,
Jeff

Me too. More than just a few times.