Necessary to check GRE and transcript status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fiona18psych

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I wonder do students always need to check with their programs to see if all materials haven been received successfully (e.g., GRE reports and transciptys)?. My GRE reports and transcripts are shown as sent on my end, but there’s no way for me to track their status with the schools online. Do I need to call each school to just make sure?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually there is an overworked, underpaid staff person who helps with grad application files, and they get SO MANY emails around this time of year. Perhaps others disagree with me, but I monitored the applicant email account a few years ago for my program and man, it was super annoying how many of these questions there were. I do understand that this is a high stakes process and that applicants want to ensure things are received, but many universities have online admissions portals now and you should be able to SEE if your transcripts were uploaded properly, so please check with the information you have access to before bugging the poor staff people who are slammed right now. And the more slammed they are, the longer it takes for faculty to be able to access and review the files. I suppose if you are super anxious, you might spot check at 1-2 programs but then assume that things work like they are supposed to work.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I’m thinking to check with only a few schools too. Regarding the online portals, a couple of my programs display receipt of the materials I sent, but not all. Grateful for admissions staff! Many jobs really don’t get paid even close to reasonable for what they do...

Usually there is an overworked, underpaid staff person who helps with grad application files, and they get SO MANY emails around this time of year. Perhaps others disagree with me, but I monitored the applicant email account a few years ago for my program and man, it was super annoying how many of these questions there were. I do understand that this is a high stakes process and that applicants want to ensure things are received, but many universities have online admissions portals now and you should be able to SEE if your transcripts were uploaded properly, so please check with the information you have access to before bugging the poor staff people who are slammed right now. And the more slammed they are, the longer it takes for faculty to be able to access and review the files. I suppose if you are super anxious, you might spot check at 1-2 programs but then assume that things work like they are supposed to work.