Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My new favorite pathological term for the day.
This one is one of my favorites Chondrodermatitis Nodularis Chronica Helicis loosely translates to bump on the cartilage of your ear. A derm attending told me once that they have to come up with these funky names in latin so they can bill for. Just imagine the lay person getting billed for a bump on the cartilage of your ear you know how pissed they'd be, but for chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis now that's worth getting a $200 bill for 10 minute visit.:D

I happen to like "status epilepticus". Not too long, and rolls off the tongue nicely.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't use these as child or pet names.

FYI -- diabeticorum has been dropped as the link to diabetes was not as strong as once believed

If I have to cross something out in my texts again because of new research, I might as well just give medicine up now because there's no sense in learning one thing and having your whole world blown away with the discovery of new data. jk

Yeah, you're right, but when it's associated with diabetes the rash may then be called NLD.

This one is one of my favorites Chondrodermatitis Nodularis Chronica Helicis loosely translates to bump on the cartilage of your ear. A derm attending told me once that they have to come up with these funky names in latin so they can bill for. Just imagine the lay person getting billed for a bump on the cartilage of your ear you know how pissed they'd be, but for chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis now that's worth getting a $200 bill for 10 minute visit.:D

Nice one there!

It's one of the privileges afforded to a person when they score 269/99 on their Step 1. If only the world weren't so inclined to operate in a Gaussian plane...