need 2 cents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RayhanS1282

perpetually percolated
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get interviews before the August 2004 MCAT? I already submitted my application and finished the entire transcript verification process on June 15. I really don't want to retake this thing. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had mine verified on like the 7th...and I would love to be able to do that. I don't think it will happen, even with ED they dont interview until september.

Ok, then how about this:

MCAT: 10P, 10B, 7V
GPA: 3.52
Institution: St. John's University
Extra-C: Moderate

I am a NYC resident and I applied to the following:
Albany Medical College Regular M.D.
Creighton University School of Medicine Regular M.D.
Drexel University College of Medicine Regular M.D.
Meharry Medical College Regular M.D.
Morehouse School of Medicine Regular M.D.
New York Medical College Regular M.D.
SUNY Upstate Medical University Regular M.D.
SUNY at Buffalo Medical School Regular M.D.
Saint Louis University School of Medicine Regular M.D.
State University of New York Downstate Medical Cen Regular M.D.
Stony Brook University - School of Medicine Regular M.D.
The University of Vermont College of Medicine Regular M.D.
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Den

What are my chances?

Are you URM? I would say not bad at all. Maybe apply to a few more schools, but that's not bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
R-

Are you URM?

I'm more parnoid than most, so I applied to 20 schools with stats not to far from yours. You may wanna add Howard in there, if you can hack DC. The folks from SUNY Upstate advised me to retake if I got sub 8 in any section of the MCAT.

We've done a lot of the same schools, I also had Jefferson, Penn State, EVMS, and MCV. I did have other reach (or better, out of reach) schools on my list too.

Good luck either way.

dc

Thanks for the replies. Glad to see I am not the only one with the "do I" or 'don't I' questions. And as for URM, I am really not up on the lingo, anyone mind explaining that to me.

URM = Underrepresented Minority (some Hispanics, Blacks, Native Americans).

URMs tend to get into Medical Schools with lower MCAT and GPAs (just statistical fact - not looking for a fight).

dc

I am from Bangladesh but that country often tends to get lumped with India, FYI, it's not. I don't know if that represents me as a URM.