Need a good pocket EKG book. Anyone help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rocky888

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need a good book for internship.

Members don't see this ad.

For a good ECG book, read Dubin's "rapid interpretation of EKG's". As for pocket size, get an ECG card for your white coat. I wouldn't reccommend purchasing one from the bookstore though, as the one that I purchased was defective (ie the measurements were all wrong), and you can get one for free if you find a "Tequin" drug rep.

My Fam Prac attending gave me one that the author gave him at a conference. The book is very simple to understand, and written for the non-cardiologist. Very concise:

12-Lead ECG's
A "Pocket Brain" for east interpretation
Ken Grauer, MD
ISBN:0966338901
www.kg-ekgpress.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Read Dubin in your spare time throughout the rotation. Pull out those cards in the back of the book, hole punch them on the top left hand corner and put a binder ring through them and put them in your coat pocket, review/pimp yourself every time you have a minute sitting around. Most important of all, show initiative by volunteering to read every EKG of every patient coming on your service and have your resident go through them with you, even on normal-appearing EKGs. You will get better very fast and score browny points with your resident for enthiusiasm and willingness to learn.

(Disclaimer: only about to start my 3rd year rotations)

The Guide to Ekg Interpretation (White Coat Pocket Guide Series)
by John A. Brose, John C. Auseon, Daniel Waksman, Michael J. Jarosick

Used it for my EKG classes 2nd year, good reviews on Amazon, and definitely pocket sized.

Don't have a pocketsized book...

but the book "The Art of 12-lead EKG Interpretation" by Garcia is hands-down the best EKG book on the face of the earth.

I am an Emergency Medicine Intern, so reading EKGs is pretty important... I'm on my CCU rotation and am reading EKGs better than the third year IM residents who are going into cardiology next year.

I cannot say more about htat book!

What I do is I have three notecards that I jotted down stuff from the book and keep that in my pocket. It answers all my questions and I don't have my coat weighing 40 pounds with unnecessary books!

Q, DO

I've got a pocket book for you, which i personally think is excellent.
The ECG MADE EASY
by John R Hampton
published by Churchill Livingstone

good luck

Sorry, I don't know the author.. but this is a tiny book that taught me what I needed to know quickly. I fill in the gaps by asking questions.