Jan 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
HELLO,i did posted here after i read all over many threads and stuff in it but still didnt get the whole idea out of it to usa system......im an international dental graduate (2009) from egypt with gpa of 2.4 from my uni and got my wes evalaution done and got gpa 2.39 which is actually same gpa and my ece 2.4 gpa. i honestly want serioues advice on what will be my chances to get in dental school or even what steps i can take to overcome my low gpa before i apply to dental schools .....my 2.4 gpa worries me much as i sometimes feel i should give up my usa dental dream. so i really want serioues advice if i will be able to get into any master program for examaple (mph) or any other post bac in usa for international dentist with my 2.4 gpa or what i can do to improve my situation and is there is a hope with my gpa 2.4 to go through the usa process and get into dental school and if anyone got accepted with gpa 2.4 in any dental school would be of great favour to post and give me more hope in it .

thx to all who will post here and provide a real serioues advice and hope to me bec i deeply need it .

Last edited:

ortho14

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2009
Status
Dentist
@shater,
firstly ur GPA is a conern, but remember it can always be improved. like u are thinking u can improve ur GPA by joining some courses in the US like eg - MPH etc. this wil definitely improve ur GPA and also improve ur resume.
about getting into school, there are some schools which are particular about a minimum GPA, while others just consider a part of the requirement, but it always help having a good GPA as it wil boost ur chances.

Jan 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
@shater,
firstly ur GPA is a conern, but remember it can always be improved. like u are thinking u can improve ur GPA by joining some courses in the US like eg - MPH etc. this wil definitely improve ur GPA and also improve ur resume.
about getting into school, there are some schools which are particular about a minimum GPA, while others just consider a part of the requirement, but it always help having a good GPA as it wil boost ur chances.
hello ortho , would like to ask u so u have any more ideas about a program that will help me boost my gpa and would like to ask will i be able to join mph with my gpa ....i value much all advices ...thx in advc

Feb 8, 2010
Status
u can take ur nbde if u hve not already.ifu get a great score in that it might overshadow ur gpa.i wud SUGGEST that u first take ur exams nbde,toefl,try to get great scores and apply to schools.if u dont get in then u can look at options like mph or other courses.