Need Access can BITE ME!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, this thing is the most annoying online application to fill out!
It asks me 20 questions about a farm which I don't have and then right after that it has a question "Do you own a farm?"
Couldn't it just skip all those other friggin questions!!!!!

Then there are like 1,000,000 questions that I don't have a clue to! It wants to know my total amount of grants I got in college. Damned if I know!
Grrrr...and then I have to keep filling in Zeros b/c there it seems to think I have a spouse! jeez!

Members don't see this ad.

Amen to that.
I'm so sick of answering the same questions over and over on the FAFSA, CSS, Need Access, and whatever forms the schools have themselves. Pain in my ass...

Members don't see this ad :)
What is Need Access? Is this something for a particular school or group of schools? I am only filling out a FAFSA form. Hope I am not missing out on some necessary fun. :)

Can someone elaborate on what CSS and NEed access are?

thanks

watcha

bump. This could be important :D

Hi everybody,

CSS stands for the College Scholarship Service, which some of you may have filled out when applying for aid in undergrad. The only school I've seen thus far that requires it is Einstein, although I'm sure there are others.

NeedAccess is a royal pain in the buttops that has consumed my entire Sunday. Yale and Cornell require it, among a few others. It's about three times as long as the FAFSA, although similar, and asks you repeatedly to predict the future, e.g., "Give your income for the 2002-2003 academic year." Blech. :rolleyes:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by MorningLight2100:

It's about three times as long as the FAFSA, although similar, and asks you repeatedly to predict the future, e.g., "Give your income for the 2002-2003 academic year." Blech. :rolleyes: •••••I predict I will not make but lose money.
Hence I put in -$200,000 and I am demanding a scholarship in that amount!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Epi:
•What is Need Access? Is this something for a particular school or group of schools? I am only filling out a FAFSA form. Hope I am not missing out on some necessary fun. :) •••••Oh but Epi, you are. Where else are you able to detail medical costs? Predict the amount of money you'll make the summer after next? List all the financial aid you've ever gotten from any source, even if it was fifteen years ago and the school doesn't keep records more than five...

But don't feel left out. Even if your school doesn't require it, you can fill it out anyway, and then send it to random financial aid offices for $15 a pop.

Enjoy!

Medical schools that require NeedAccess: Albany, Brown, Case, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, JHU, Mt. Sinai, SLU, Stanford, UCLA, U. Cincinnatti, U. Rochester, Yale. I'm pretty sure that's the entire list.

My mom was pretty annoyed with the volume and detail of the required parental info. All for the sake of disqualifying me for school aid! :(

Aren't you glad I got you going on it, Scooby? :p Oops, maybe I shouldn't remind you of that! :wink: