Need Access

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TroutBum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you out there trying to fill out the Need Access application? If so, let's wallow in misery together. . .

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+
:mad: :mad: :mad:

What a pain in the arse.

Members don't see this ad.

Trout Bum-
I feel your pain on the Need Access...
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

ketchupgirl:mad:

Hey ketchupgirl, it's comforting to know that others are in the same boat with you. Good luck slaying the beast!

Members don't see this ad :)
TroutBum-
Misery loves company! Which evil institution is making you fill this out? I have CWRU to blame...
Hang in there-
ketchupgirl
:)

yale makes you fill it out too. i have no idea on some of these ridiculous questions. gak.
*hating life*

as a result of this sucky process, i've taken to some *serious* procrastinating. like a good month's worth. boo hiss.

Amen, GoodMonkey, amen. I took a stab at it, then set it aside for a week, looked at it again, and I'm still deciding when I'm going to just bite the bullet and finish the sucker. Congrats on Yale! :clap:

And ketchupgirl, I don't remember if I'd already said it, but congrats on Case! :clap:

TroutBum-
You're so sweet! Congrats to you, too! (and you Goodmonkey!)

:clap:

Hope to see you there... now back to Need Access...

ketchupgirl

Yeah, so I started the need access thing just for the hell of it in the outside chance I might get into cornell or sinai, and all I have to say is.....

+pissed+

gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :mad: What where my living expenses this summer? WTF?

Haha, my new discriminator for picking med schools: how easy their finaid forms are to fill out. Plus, between emory, einstein and potentially cornell and sinai i'd spend close to 80 bucks on FINANCIAL AID FORMS :mad: :(

Amen, DW, amen. I finally finished the sucker this week. That blows that schools make you pay for financial aid apps. I just had the $15 for Need Access for Case, that was it.

Good luck!

is there some kind of acknowledgement you get when the school receives your info? I submitted this atrocity on monday and the status screen still reads "Warning: This Need Access Application has already been submitted for processing." :confused:

+pissed+

DW - I know Cornell have my Needs Access. I never received any acknowledgement from either the school or needsaccess though. So I think you just take it as arrived unless you feel like calling just to find out (I had to call and request a form for 'parents living abroad' and they mentioned they had got mine while I was on the phone).

Hey guys, there's a link you can follow on the Need Access website to check your account status: http://www.needaccess.org/status.htm

You'll have to set up an account (which I had already done because I had accidentally started to apply for an Access Group loan instead of the Need Access application--oops :oops: )

They say to wait three full business days before expecting to see anything, but when I checked it said they had sent the application to Case on such and such date at such and such time. So, you should be able to confirm that the school got it through that page. Cheers.

Thanks for the thread. I thought it was just me. The need access form is painful! BU requires it....So, basically, you need to fill this thing out if you want to qualify for all types of aid, is this true?.....Just want to make sure that I HAVE to do it.....I believe I do since I am on my own for med school, and I don't have a lot of $$.....so I imagine I will need more than just federal loans to fund my education.....if anyone could clarify, that would be great. Does need access qualify you for additional grants, or just different types of loans? I definitely need to educate myself on this whole process.....feeling lost right now!! Thanks in advance!!

kc123 said:
Thanks for the thread. I thought it was just me. The need access form is painful! BU requires it....So, basically, you need to fill this thing out if you want to qualify for all types of aid, is this true?.....Just want to make sure that I HAVE to do it.....I believe I do since I am on my own for med school, and I don't have a lot of $$.....so I imagine I will need more than just federal loans to fund my education.....if anyone could clarify, that would be great. Does need access qualify you for additional grants, or just different types of loans? I definitely need to educate myself on this whole process.....feeling lost right now!! Thanks in advance!!

Yeah I filled it out too...... what a pain.....half of it is just a waste of time...trying to make us fill FAFSA and more in one sitting......it was late last night and I just put some numbers in..I have no idea what though

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+