Need advice about MCAT 2015 exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle311

eagle211
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I will be applying this cycle with a 3.5 sgpa and 3.4 cgpa (with grade replacements)
BA in a social science
Very Strong clinical exp/extra curriculars/no research experience/2 D.O. letters/good leadership experience
Will be applying to basically all D.O. schools. I really have my eye on Touro-CA.
I took 2 gap years to work/build my app
Hispanic female..

I also plan to take the May 2015 mcat, however, I do not feel I will be completely ready by that time.
I have taken practice AAMC's just 2 months ago and my scores came out extremely low (teens)...Assuming I score just average on this new MCAT..do you think rescheduling my exam for June 2015 will be super detrimental to my app? I will complete my primary application for verification in June...BUT I have read so very often that an EARLY application is KEY. Please help? Thank you all so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak much to an "early application is key." You can still apply even without your MCAT score but yes, an earlier application is better in the long run.

As far as the MCAT goes, please don't take the test if you're not ready. Postpone it, take the year off if you need it but don't take it if you're not ready. I have made this mistake before and it has been my biggest regret. Do not waste attempts on the MCAT. Take it when you are fully prepared and you have done LOADS and LOADS of practice problems. Practice problems are the only thing that can really prepare you to take this test.

Just my two cents. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I will be applying this cycle with a 3.5 sgpa and 3.4 cgpa (with grade replacements)
BA in a social science
Very Strong clinical exp/extra curriculars/no research experience/2 D.O. letters/good leadership experience
Will be applying to basically all D.O. schools. I really have my eye on Touro-CA.
I took 2 gap years to work/build my app
Hispanic female..

I also plan to take the May 2015 mcat, however, I do not feel I will be completely ready by that time.
I have taken practice AAMC's just 2 months ago and my scores came out extremely low (teens)...Assuming I score just average on this new MCAT..do you think rescheduling my exam for June 2015 will be super detrimental to my app? I will complete my primary application for verification in June...BUT I have read so very often that an EARLY application is KEY. Please help? Thank you all so much!!
I'm in the same situation, with kinda similar stats. TAKE WHEN YOU'RE READY! I think this test might weight heavier on us who are on the lower end of the GPA spectrum