Need Advice about Summer School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocdp09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im new to this forum, but from what I see so far, it is a very beneficial resource. I am a second semester sophomore and am majoring in Biochemistry Molecular Biology. For this I need to take Calculus II, which I am planning to take this coming summer 2007. I have taken Calculus I already at my local community college last summer and got a B in it. I also took a geography course and slacked off due to it being a telecourse and recieved a C. I want to retake that geography course and take Calculus II. Is this going to affect anything with my admissions to medical school. I currently have a 3.9 gpa and a 3.92 science gpa. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Taking it over would show that you can do better in the course. It won't replace the grade though on your amcas

your gpa seems fairly high as it is--I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Depends on the Professor. I did Calc II in a summer session with a professor (Engineer) that came from IIT. For those unfamiliar, Harvard and Stanford are backup schools for people applying to IIT. (3/4 of the class dropped the course)